Monumento De Cristobal ColonCurrently Open
- Address: Plaza de Colon, Calle de Génova, 28004 Madrid, Spain Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Monument, Statue
Made by Arturo Mélida and Jeronimo Suñol, the Monumento de Cristobal Colon was erected in the 1880’s to commemorate the anniversary of the return of Christopher Columbus from his first voyage.
The tall pedestal that elevates the statue to a staggering height of 17 metres is designed in Elizabethan Gothic and consist of four parts- the base, the cube, an ochavado and the pillar.
The statue of Columbus carrying a flag of Castile is 3 meters high. A globe near the foot of Columbus with a sailing rope around the glove depicts his seaward journey. The intricate art-work that is shown on the pedestal itself, is rather stunning and is the highlight of the monument.
How to Reach Monumento De Cristobal Colon
- By Metro/ Subway: Colon
- By Bus: Genova - Pza. de Colon
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Monumento De Cristobal Colon Address: Plaza de Colon, Calle de Génova, 28004 Madrid, Spain
- Monumento De Cristobal Colon Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Monumento De Cristobal Colon: 00:20 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.06% of people who visit Madrid include Monumento De Cristobal Colon in their plan
95% of people start their Monumento De Cristobal Colon visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Monumento De Cristobal Colon
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monumento De Cristobal Colon
People normally club together Iglesia De San Isidro and Plaza Dos De Mayo while planning their visit to Monumento De Cristobal Colon.