Museo De America, Madrid
About Museo De America, Madrid
Museo De America, Madrid - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Av de los Reyes Catolicos, 6, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 03:00 pm Details
Added 1.2K times in trip plans
Museum, History Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Spain had an uneasy history with South America – the European country ravaged and looted the continent almost singlehandedly. This museum is designed to maintain awareness of this uncomfortable history. It contains a great number of artefacts and treasures from South America, some of which are over 2000 years old. It also contains excellent exhibits of South American life before, during and after the colonial times, and shows the impact of those times on South America today. These exhibits are backed up by detailed explanations and authentic artefacts. Make sure to see the collection of gold.
Museo De America Information
- The directions around the museum are all in Spanish.
- Groups need to make appointment 15 days in advance.
Museo De America Ticket Prices
- General admission: 3 EURO
- Reduced admission( for groups of 5 or more) : 1.50 EURO
- Annual card: 25 EURO
- Free admission on: Sundays, 18th April, 18th May, 12th October, and 6th December.
- Free admission for: Visitors under 18 and over 65, member states of the European Union and Latin American countries.
- Check the official website for the details.
How To reach Museo De America by Public Transport
- Metro Line 7 stop Islas Filipinas.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museo De America, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful building and impressive collection. To be honest the collection could be better curated in terms of information and display but I'm being a bit picky on that point. Comfortable with drinking fountains, decent bathrooms and areas where one can sit. Well worth a visit.
Has a good collection of pre colloneal items. A knowledge almost lost. Strongly recommended
Has a good selection of pre-colombian artifacts. Definitely worth the visit.
Cheap ticket, very few people visiting and interesting exhibit; the structure is a bit old and the lightings isn't always placed in the right places.
You have to visit that museum folks! Its well organized and very interesting.
- Nearby Attractions
- Panteon De Hombres Ilustres
- A B C Museum Of Drawing And Illustration
- Capilla Del Obispo
- Nuevos Ministerios
- Iglesia De Las Calatravas
- Estatua Felipe III
- Jardin Del Principe De Anglona
- Conde Duque
- Estatua De Goya
- Museo Atletico De Madrid
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 48 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 72 Hours in Madrid
- How to Spend 5 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 6 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 7 Days in Madrid