Museo Nacional Centro De Arte Reina SofiaCurrently Closed
- Address: Calle de Santa Isabel, 52, 28012 Madrid, Spain, 28012
- Timings: 10:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-917741000
- Fax: +1-917741056
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Social, Arts, Museums
See the best of 20th century art at the Terraza Museo Reina Sofia as you come face-to-face with the art-work of artists like Juan Gris, Joan Miro, Eduardo Chillida and Roy Lichtenstein. The collection focuses on the art that followed after the birth of Picasso (1881) which forms the dividing line between the Prado and the Reina Sofia.
Books by authors including Ramon Casas, July Antonio and Maria Blanchard and Lopez Mezquita barely scratch the surface of the huge collection at the Museum.
The crown jewel, however, are the near-mint collections of the four, most famous 20th century Spanish artists- Juan Gris, Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali and Joan Miro.
Main Venue. Sabatini and Nouvel Building:
- General: Euros 8.00 (includes visit to Collection and temporary exhibitions)
- Temporary Exhibitions: Euros 4.00
- Ticket with accreditation: Free
- Reduced admission with accreditation: 50% (forFor cultural volunteers, members of official large families, staff employed of museums not attached to the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.)
For other prices, visit the official website.
- Monday: 7:00am – 9:00pm
- Wednesday to Saturday: 7:00am – 9:00pm
- Sunday: 1:30pm – 7:00pm
18th May and 12th October, 6th December: open and free all day.
- By Metro: Atocha
- By Bus: Pza. Emperador Carlos V
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.