Museo Nacional De AntropologiaCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Calle de Alfonso XII, 68, 28014 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 09:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915306418
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Museums
Opened on April 29, 1875 during the reign of Alfonso XII, the National Anthropology Museum is the oldest Anthropology museum in Spain.
Spread across three floors, the ground floor contains exhibits that showcase the culture of the Philippines- a Spanish colony until 1898 and also has items taken from the 1885 exposition near Retiro Park. The Plaster cast of ‘Extremaduran Giant’ skeleton is kept here The frist floor showcases a collection representing the culture of Equatorial Guinea.
The second floor- with Jivaro reduced heads, Andean Carnival masks and Inuit sun glasses, is the highlight of the museum.
- Other contact detail : +34 915395995
Reduced admission: Euros 1.50
- Groups consisting of 8 people minimum and 25 maximum, upon request with a minimum of 15 days.
- cultural volunteers.
- Prior accreditation.
- Alberguista card holders. Prior accreditation.
Abono "Museums of the City":
- "Eight museums of Madrid": Euros 16 (valid for 15 days)
- "Four museums in the city of Madrid": Euros 8 (valid for 10 days)
Joint State Museums Card: Euros 36.06
- Free admission: Saturdays from 2:00 pm Every Sunday, May 18 (International Museum Day), October 12 (National Holiday of Spain), November 16 (World Heritage Day), December 6 (Day the Spanish Constitution)
- Free admission * (accreditation):Under 18 years, Over 65s, Students between 18 and 25 years, Youth Card holders, Disabled persons and the person, if any, to accompany the visit, Legal persons unemployed, Pensioners, Members of large families and member of clubs/ groups mentioned on the official website.
Card annual National Anthropology Museum: Euros 25
- Closed a local holiday.
- By Metro/ Subway: Ascensor
- By Bus: Pº Infanta Isabel - Dr. Velasco
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.66% of people who visit Madrid include Museo Nacional De Antropologia in their plan
50% of people start their Museo Nacional De Antropologia visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Museo Nacional De Antropologia
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museo Nacional De Antropologia