Museo Nacional De Antropologia, Madrid
About Museo Nacional De Antropologia, Madrid
Museo Nacional De Antropologia, Madrid - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Calle de Alfonso XII, 68, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 09:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 965 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Opened on April 29, 1875 during the reign of Alfonso XII, the National Anthropology Museum is the oldest Anthropology museum in Spain.
Spread across three floors, the ground floor contains exhibits that showcase the culture of the Philippines- a Spanish colony until 1898 and also has items taken from the 1885 exposition near Retiro Park. The Plaster cast of ‘Extremaduran Giant’ skeleton is kept here The frist floor showcases a collection representing the culture of Equatorial Guinea.
The second floor- with Jivaro reduced heads, Andean Carnival masks and Inuit sun glasses, is the highlight of the museum.
Museo Nacional De Antropologia Information
- Other contact detail : +34 915395995
Museo Nacional De Antropologia Ticket Prices
Reduced admission: Euros 1.50
- Groups consisting of 8 people minimum and 25 maximum, upon request with a minimum of 15 days.
- cultural volunteers.
- Prior accreditation.
- Alberguista card holders. Prior accreditation.
Abono "Museums of the City":
- "Eight museums of Madrid": Euros 16 (valid for 15 days)
- "Four museums in the city of Madrid": Euros 8 (valid for 10 days)
Joint State Museums Card: Euros 36.06
- Free admission: Saturdays from 2:00 pm Every Sunday, May 18 (International Museum Day), October 12 (National Holiday of Spain), November 16 (World Heritage Day), December 6 (Day the Spanish Constitution)
- Free admission * (accreditation):Under 18 years, Over 65s, Students between 18 and 25 years, Youth Card holders, Disabled persons and the person, if any, to accompany the visit, Legal persons unemployed, Pensioners, Members of large families and member of clubs/ groups mentioned on the official website.
Card annual National Anthropology Museum: Euros 25
Museo Nacional De Antropologia Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed a local holiday.
How To reach Museo Nacional De Antropologia by Public Transport
- By Metro/ Subway: Ascensor
- By Bus: Pº Infanta Isabel - Dr. Velasco
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museo Nacional De Antropologia, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Jesus De Medinaceli
- Estacion De Chamberi
- Panteon De Hombres Ilustres
- A B C Museum Of Drawing And Illustration
- Capilla Del Obispo
- Nuevos Ministerios
- Iglesia De Las Calatravas
- Estatua Felipe III
- Jardin Del Principe De Anglona
- Conde Duque
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 48 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 72 Hours in Madrid
- How to Spend 5 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 6 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 7 Days in Madrid