Museo Nacional De Artes DecorativasCurrently Closed
- Address: Calle de Montalban, 12, 28014 Madrid, Spain, 28014
- Timings: 09:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915326499
- Fax: +1-915232086
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids, Social, Arts, Museums
Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas - Review
Museo Nacional de Artes Decorativas has a collection of art ranging from the 14th century to the 21st century and is loved for its detailed study including the evolution and use of materials, textures, techniques, function, forms and history.
Spread across 4 floors, the stunning collection truly take you back in time when art was a hard-earned skill and techniques were passed down from generations to generation. If you want to see some unique art pieces, drop by at the place to get a peak into various styles of decorative art.
Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas Information
- Groups are allowed only of 15 people.
- Photography without flash or tripod is allowed.
- Consuming food or drink in the museum is not allowed.
- Visiting museum with large backpacks or large packages are not allowed.
- Make sure your mobile phone are disconnected while visiting the museum.
- Only guide dogs with visually challenged visitors are allowed.
- No smoking inside the museum.
- Don’t touch the exhibits or lean on the window.
Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas Ticket Prices
- General Admission: Euros 3
- Reduced Admission: Euros 1.50
- Annual Card: Euros 25
Free General Admission:
- Thursday afternoon
- Temporary exhibitions
- May 18 (International Museum Day)
- November 16 (World Heritage Day)
- October 12 (National Holiday of Spain)
- December 6 (Day of the Spanish Constitution)
- Other extraordinary openings
Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas Hours
- Ticket sales end 15 minutes before closing time.
How To reach Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas by Public Transport
- By Metro/ Subway: Retiro
- By Bus: Alfonso XII - Pta. de Alcala
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas
0.04% of people who visit Madrid include Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas in their plan
95% of people start their Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas visit around 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas
Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas Trips
Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas, Madrid Reviews
I was looking forward to this museum. However some floors were closed when we were there, so it was free. Did enjoy the exhibits, particularly the Valencian kitchen, having recently visited that city.
Free on Thursday evening and well worth it. Excellent display of Spanish daily life the tiled kitchen is superb. Had the added bonus of a temporary Manolo Blanik exhibition which was detailed and extensive. If you can't get there for Manolo however the rest of the exhibits are worth it especially if you are interested in craft, design and social history
Interesting permanent collection and they also have some temporary exhibitions
Most of the museum is dedicated to Spanish decorative art from the 17th and 18th century. The rest contained special exhibits. I was disappointed to not find more items of Mayólica in the permanent collection. Also, only the floor plan guide was available in English. Non-Spanish speaking visitors will miss much.
Very interesting and beautiful. Something different. And cheap entrance.