Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas, Madrid
About Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas, Madrid
Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas, Madrid - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Calle de Montalban, 12, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 32 times in trip plans
Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Museo Nacional de Artes Decorativas has a collection of art ranging from the 14th century to the 21st century and is loved for its detailed study including the evolution and use of materials, textures, techniques, function, forms and history.
Spread across 4 floors, the stunning collection truly take you back in time when art was a hard-earned skill and techniques were passed down from generations to generation. If you want to see some unique art pieces, drop by at the place to get a peak into various styles of decorative art.
Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas Information
- Groups are allowed only of 15 people.
- Photography without flash or tripod is allowed.
- Consuming food or drink in the museum is not allowed.
- Visiting museum with large backpacks or large packages are not allowed.
- Make sure your mobile phone are disconnected while visiting the museum.
- Only guide dogs with visually challenged visitors are allowed.
- No smoking inside the museum.
- Don’t touch the exhibits or lean on the window.
Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas Ticket Prices
- General Admission: Euros 3
- Reduced Admission: Euros 1.50
- Annual Card: Euros 25
Free General Admission:
- Thursday afternoon
- Temporary exhibitions
- May 18 (International Museum Day)
- November 16 (World Heritage Day)
- October 12 (National Holiday of Spain)
- December 6 (Day of the Spanish Constitution)
- Other extraordinary openings
Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas Opening and Closing Hours
- Ticket sales end 15 minutes before closing time.
How To reach Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas by Public Transport
- By Metro/ Subway: Retiro
- By Bus: Alfonso XII - Pta. de Alcala
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museo Nacional De Artes Decorativas, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
Very interesting museum with reproductions of rooms from the 16th and 17th centuries as well as a unique collection of furnishings and decorations. A great "off the beaten" option for visiting in Madrid in a central, convenient location.
They say that Madrid is a city of museums. This us one of them, very interesting 3 story cozy museum that pays off a visit if in the vicinity 5 minutes walk from el Prado.
An attractive decorative arts museum, if small. Free if using the annual pass. Certainly worth an hour to gain an appreciation of historical Spanish decorative arts from the 16th century onward.
I found it a little boring. The staff follows you very closely. I recommend going to the Serralbo museum instead.
Not a well curated museum. There is some nice stuff to see, but not worth the trip if you are short on time.
- Nearby Attractions
- Iglesia De San Antonio De Los Alemanes
- Church Of San Nicolas
- Ermita De La Virgen Del Puerto
- Parroquia San Miguel De Chamartin
- Arzobispado De Madrid
- San Pedro El Real
- San Francisco El Grande Basilica
- San Jerónimo El Real
- Iglesia Evangelica Agua Viva / Living Water Community Church
- National Archaeological Museum
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 48 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 72 Hours in Madrid
- How to Spend 5 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 6 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 7 Days in Madrid