Museo Nacional Del Prado11130 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Paseo del Prado, s/n, 28014 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-913302800
- Ticket Price: 15 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums
This museum is without a doubt the top cultural site of the city of Madrid and it is also amongst the topmost art galleries in the world. It is located on the street named El Paseo del Prado and houses some of the best and most beautiful works by masters like Velazquez, Raphael, Goya, Bosch and Rubens, and many more Italian and Flemish artists. Yet the 1300 art pieces on display are only a fraction of the total 7,600 paintings; 1,000 sculptures; 4,800 prints and 8,200 drawings stored here. The building of the museum is basically a Neoclassical building built in the 18th century and it opened as a museum in the year 1819.
The name of the museum is derived from the district where it is located and the word Prado means meadow. The queen of Spain was impressed by the Louvre and wanted to have something like that in her own country and that has resulted in the museum.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in the Madrid itinerary for 5 days.
Museo Nacional Del Prado Travel Tips
- You can go for the complete tour by yourself or you can take a guide with a little bit extra money. If you do not have a lot of time, then you can go for the customized one hour tour in which you will be able to see some of the best paintings and artefacts in the museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museo Nacional Del Prado
- General Ticket: 15 EURO
- General Ticket + Guide book of the Prado: 24 EURO
- Reduced Tickets: 7.50 EURO
- For other ticket price, check the official website.
Museo Nacional Del Prado Hours
Last admission 30 minutes before closing time. Galleries emptied 10 minutes before closing time.
Free access to the collection:
- Monday to Saturday: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Sundays & Holidays: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
How to Reach Museo Nacional Del Prado
- Atocha or Banco de Espana
- Estado Puro
- Burger King
61.72% of people who visit Madrid include Museo Nacional Del Prado in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
26.32% of people start their Museo Nacional Del Prado visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Museo Nacional Del Prado
52.94% of people prefer walking in order to reach Museo Nacional Del Prado