Museum Of CostumeCurrently Closed
- Address: Av de Juan de Herrera, 2, 28040 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 09:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915504700
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Museum Of Costume - Review
A museum chronicling only the history of Spanish fashion wouldn’t be so famous, were it’s collections not among the finest among the world. Founded only in 2004, the museum is also a popular place to host several temporary exhibitions on fashion, photography and toys! Most of the collection dates from 1925, and though it’s called the Costume Museum now, it’s actually been renamed several times through its history. Occasionally, you’ll find the works of some famous local designer exhibited here as well. Another thing that leaves the visitors happy is the museum gift store – it’s always well stocked with quality items, and the staff is super-friendly. Everything is beautifully lit and displayed. In the lower levels of the museum, there’s a wonderful cafe/restaurant.
Museum Of Costume Information
- There’s a cloakroom.
- There are free 60 minute audioguides in Castilian, English and French.
- There’s a souvenir shop you should check out.
- Check online for the cafe and restaurant hours, which may be different from the museum.
- Wheelchair access is from entry C/Paul Guinard.
Museum Of Costume Ticket Prices
- Admission is free for under 18's; Over 65's; Retired, disabled, unemployed; Saturdays after 2:30 pm; Sundays; 18 May, 12 October, 6 December.
- Reduced ticket price: 1.50 EURO
Museum Of Costume Hours
- Last admission 30 minute before closing.
How To reach Museum Of Costume by Public Transport
- Buses 46, 160, 161 at Av. Juan Herrera - Pza. Cardenal Cisneros.
- A number of Buses to Avda de Puerta de Hierro N 4400.
- Metro Subway Line 6 at Ciudad Universitaria.
- Metro Subway Line 3 and 6 at Moncloa.
Restaurants Near Museum Of Costume
- Cafe de Oriente Museo del Traje
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museum Of Costume
1.52% of people who visit Madrid include Museum Of Costume in their plan
50% of people start their Museum Of Costume visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museum Of Costume
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of Costume
Museum Of Costume Trips
Museum Of Costume, Madrid Reviews
what an amazing experience. Both men and women, young and old, will enjoy this Museum! The exhibits change, and are absolutely fascinating. You are allowed to take photos, just no flash Photography. They also have very helpful sheets in each room or hallway that explains the time periods and clothing featured. Everything is kept in impeccable condition. It is really a must-see.
This is a bit out of the way, but it's certainly worth the subway ride and walk. The museum offers a great overview of style trends from the early modern era through present day and provides detailed cards in Spanish and English identifying terms and details of the garments in their cases. Short videos along the way help provide social and historical context. Great selection and exhibits.
Was there for a work party. Amazing event organisers! Really good catering, great staff that make for a great experience.
Quite an enjoyable museum. Most information is in English and Spanish and easy to follow. It's interesting to see the progression of fashion throughout the ages and its relationship with social norms.
Beautiful museum with lot of knowledge about fashion which I adore!! Not easily reached for me but it was worth it! Reception were so amiable. Found in a tranquil area with a fashionable cafe, i liked tge bathroom design though 😃 overall i was happy ti discover a new area of Madrid.