Museum Of Costume, Madrid
About Museum Of Costume, Madrid
Museum Of Costume, Madrid - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Av de Juan de Herrera, 2, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 2K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A museum chronicling only the history of Spanish fashion wouldn’t be so famous, were it’s collections not among the finest among the world. Founded only in 2004, the museum is also a popular place to host several temporary exhibitions on fashion, photography and toys! Most of the collection dates from 1925, and though it’s called the Costume Museum now, it’s actually been renamed several times through its history. Occasionally, you’ll find the works of some famous local designer exhibited here as well. Another thing that leaves the visitors happy is the museum gift store – it’s always well stocked with quality items, and the staff is super-friendly. Everything is beautifully lit and displayed. In the lower levels of the museum, there’s a wonderful cafe/restaurant.
Museum Of Costume Information
- There’s a cloakroom.
- There are free 60 minute audioguides in Castilian, English and French.
- There’s a souvenir shop you should check out.
- Check online for the cafe and restaurant hours, which may be different from the museum.
- Wheelchair access is from entry C/Paul Guinard.
Museum Of Costume Ticket Prices
- Admission is free for under 18's; Over 65's; Retired, disabled, unemployed; Saturdays after 2:30 pm; Sundays; 18 May, 12 October, 6 December.
- Reduced ticket price: 1.50 EURO
Museum Of Costume Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission 30 minute before closing.
How To reach Museum Of Costume by Public Transport
- Buses 46, 160, 161 at Av. Juan Herrera - Pza. Cardenal Cisneros.
- A number of Buses to Avda de Puerta de Hierro N 4400.
- Metro Subway Line 6 at Ciudad Universitaria.
- Metro Subway Line 3 and 6 at Moncloa.
Restaurants Near Museum Of Costume
- Cafe de Oriente Museo del Traje
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museum Of Costume, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
nice terrace bar, in a quiet garden outside the restaurant. Besides, the museum is interesting
Yes you can indeed finish this museum in 10 minutes. It's one floor, one circle. But hey, did you know that you can see this entire museum on their website? You can take "a virtual tour" and walk through the entire museum. - so it's free online! - it's free Sundays. It's free Saturdays after 2:30pm - it's also free on certain days, like World Heritage Day (April 18, 2015, which was when I visited) The museum kept true to the Spanish culture and history. Sure, France and Italy started much of the country's fashion influences, the museum emphasizes on the SPANISH history -how they dressed, how they were influenced, what they kept from the Spanish ancestors, what they added from the French, etc. There are leaflets in each section/room that tells you the name and dates of what you're looking at. Eventually the dates look like numbers (uhhhh 1930s.. 1920s...) to me. But for the first half of the museum, I was like, "ZOMG THIS IS ##### YEARS AGO!" I stayed here for 2 hours!!
Don't go here during July and August 2017. It's almost all closed because there's no air conditioning. There's a few small exhibitions but the main museum is shut. A little annoyed as the website says it's open.
Fantastic museum. A hidden gem
Cool and well set up of each historical period.
- Nearby Attractions
- Cine Estudio - Círculo De Bellas Artes
- Matute 12
- El Diamante
- Calle De María De Molina, 16
- Banco De España
- Calle De Santa Rafaela María Del Sagrado Corazón
- Calle De Santa Catalina
- Casa Patas
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 48 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 72 Hours in Madrid
- How to Spend 5 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 6 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 7 Days in Madrid