National Museum Of Natural HistoryCurrently Closed
- Address: Calle de Jose Gutierrez Abascal, 2, 28006 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-914111328
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Family And Kids, Natural History Museums
Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales was established in the 18th century by Charles III of Spain as the Gabinete Real de Historia Natural. Today the museumconsists of a huge collection of fossils, a rare Megatherium skeleton, an Iberomesornis model and the Mediterranean section (Don’t miss out on the life-like giant squid model kept here).The museum’s Evolution, Biodiversity, Vulcanology and Paleo-biology exhibits are the highlights while the range of activities arranged here are a major attraction for children.
- General admission: Euros 7
- Concessions: Euros 3.5 (students, unemployed and children 4 to 16 years)
- Input large family: 50% reduction for adults accompanied by two descendants, and free for adults accompanied by three children or more. In both cases accredited with the general title which are reflected each family member or failing the individual card of each member of the household. This type of tickets can only be purchased at the museum box office.
- Group Entry: Euros 3.5 (see entry packs more activity)
- Free admission: over 65s and children under 4 years.
- The overall box office will remain open until 30 minutes before the Museum closes.
- By Metro/Subway: Gregorio Maranon
- By Bus: Castellana-Vitruvio
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.32% of people who visit Madrid include National Museum Of Natural History in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
66.67% of people start their National Museum Of Natural History visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see National Museum Of Natural History
66.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Museum Of Natural History