Parque Del Retiro11579 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Plaza de la Independencia, 7, 28001 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 06:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915300041
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Entertainment, Exhibition
Madrid just does not run out of popular hangouts, and this is the most popular of all. It’s practically always crowded, especially in the weekends, when the families all come out and so do every kind of street performer imaginable- jugglers, painters, musicians, and dancers…even fortune-tellers! The highlights here are:
- Museo del Ejercito: A small military museum with a nice collection of armor and the cross that Columbus took with him to the New World.
- Cason del Buen Retiro: A museum of 19th and 20th-century paintings, notably of those by Joaquin Sorolla.
- The Lake: Hire a boat, and check out the monument to King Alfonso XII and the colloade.
- The Crystal Palace
- The Palacio de Velazquez
- The Rosaleda Garden and its statue dedicated to Satan.
The park is a popular site of international exhibitions.
Parque Del Retiro Travel Tips
- Have a map of the park before you visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Parque Del Retiro
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Parque Del Retiro
- Metro Line 2 stop Retiro
- Metro Line 9 stop Ibiza
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
63.78% of people who visit Madrid include Parque Del Retiro in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
64.77% of people start their Parque Del Retiro visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Parque Del Retiro
75.29% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Parque Del Retiro