Plaza De CibelesCurrently Open
- Address: Plaza de Cibeles, 28014 Madrid, Spain, 28014
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-915954800
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Plaza, Architecture , Heritage Building, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
The Plaza de Cibeles is a heritage architecture and historical site of the province of Madrid. The site has a scenic view of four separate buildings and the famous fountain known as the Cibeles Fountain. The layout and design of the Plaza is based on the classical Roman architecture and consists of four distinct sections of buildings, which had been built in such an order that they are situated in three neighbouring districts- namely Centro, Salamanca, and Retiro. The Fountain of Cibeles- the Goddess of fertility of Rome, is an illustration of the Goddess Cibeles upon her chariot, which is being towed by two lions. The Cibeles Palace is indubitably the best prettiest building of the Plaza de Cibeles, and it resembles a cathedral in its design. It is also well known as the Madrid City Hall. The site is perfect for a leisurely stroll and is flocked by countless soccer fans as the fountain has been adopted by the famous football club Real Madrid.
Plaza De Cibeles is one of the most popular attractions in Madrid and has a great historical significance attached to it. A photographer’s delight, the historic buildings are nothing short but architectural masterpieces. The Plaza De Cibeles tickets are free of cost, still you can easily opt for the Plaza De Cibeles tour tickets. The Plaza De Cibeles tours will guide you with the history of the Plaza and will enlighten you with the efforts that went all in making this attraction.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Madrid itinerary 3 days.
Plaza De Cibeles Travel Tips
- The design of the Cibeles Fountain has been made the logo of the Real Madrid soccer club.
- The Cibeles Palace used to be the administrative headquarter of the Madrid Postal and Telegraphic Museum, prior to its present status of being designated the Ayuntamiento de Madrid.
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Plaza De Cibeles
- Plaza de la Cibeles
- By Bus: Bus 34 stops at Plaza de Cibeles - Pº del Prado bus station
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi
- Paradis Casa de America
- Kitty O’Shea’s
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
36.13% of people who visit Madrid include Plaza De Cibeles in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
46.27% of people start their Plaza De Cibeles visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Plaza De Cibeles
83.43% of people prefer walking in order to reach Plaza De Cibeles