Plaza De La Villa, Madrid
About Plaza De La Villa, Madrid
Plaza De La Villa, Madrid - Address
Address: Plaza de la Villa, s/n, 28005 Madrid, Spain
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 39K times in trip plans
Plaza, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Plaza de la Villa belongs to the important heritage buildings and plazas of Madrid. It depicts the creation of the architectures based on the Gothic culture and art. It bears the oldest of the buildings named as the Torre de los Lujanes. The build of the Plaza de la Villa dates back to the 15th century. The other buildings of majestic and historical importance are the Casa de Cisneros, which was also built on the Gothic styling, in 1537.
The Ayuntamiento which is functional as the old town hall, was erected by the famous Spanish designer Juan Gomez de Mora. The Ayuntamiento closely resembles the Casa de Cisneros, and is highlighted by its traditional spires, red facade and the typical French roof. Apart from these major buildings, the Plaza de la Villa also houses the worldwide famous St. Andrew’s Church- traditionally named as the Iglesia de San Andres, the Plaza de las Descalzes, which features insights into the monkhood prevalent in Madrid.
Plaza De La Villa Information
- The Plaza de la Villa also includes the heritage architectures of the Casa de la Siete Chimeneas situated in the Plaza del Ray, and the Bridge connecting Segovia, traditionally named as the Puente de Segovia, and the Grand Palace of Uceda.
How To reach Plaza De La Villa by Public Transport
- Nearby Bus Station: Bailen – Mayor, Toledo Nº 24
Restaurants Near Plaza De La Villa
- Hotel De Las Letras
- Hotel Senator Gran Via
- Vincci Soma
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Plaza De La Villa, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- The Valley Of The Fallen
- Casa Patas Flamenco En Vivo
- Casa De America
- Calle Mayor
- Banco De Espana
- Iglesia De San Manuel Y San Benito
- Museo De Historia De Madrid
- Safari De Madrid
- The Moorish Garden
- Corral De La Moreria
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 48 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 72 Hours in Madrid
- How to Spend 5 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 6 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 7 Days in Madrid