Royal Palace Of Madrid11261 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Calle Bailén, S/N, 28013, Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915597404
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Palace, Architecture , Heritage Building, Social, Arts, Museums
The pretty Plaza de la Armeria leads you into this rococo wonder of 2000 rooms of which only 50 are open to the public. Built in the 18th century and modelled loosely after Versailles, the place is no longer the residence of the Royal family though it’s still used for ceremonial purposes. Lavishly decorated, the complex is spread out over 13 hectares. The areas you’re not allowed into are warded off by golden rope. Highlights include:
- The Royal Armoury
- The Royal Pharmacy
- The China Room
- The Throne Room
- The Baroque Plaza de Oriente: famed for the statues of 20 Spanish kings and the monument to Phillip IV.
- The Campo del Moro Gardens: a garden in Romantic and English Style.
- The Neoclassical Sabatini Gardens with mazes and statuary.
- The changing of the guard.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Madrid itinerary 5 days.
Royal Palace Of Madrid Travel Tips
- Photography not allowed inside; use lockers to store camera.
- Carry your own map of the place.
- The English audio guide is excellent.
- Disability accessible.
- The palace is partially open for public visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Royal Palace Of Madrid
- Basic rates: 10 EURO
- Reduced rate: 5 EURO
- Partial opening rate: 5 EURO
- For other details, check the official website.
Royal Palace Of Madrid Hours
- Box Office Hours in Winter: Open until 5:00pm
- Box Office Hours in Summer: Open until 7:00pm
How to Reach Royal Palace Of Madrid
- Metro Line 2 and 5 Opera Station
- Line R Principe Pio station
- Nearby Bus Station: Calle de San Quintín N 10
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
62.95% of people who visit Madrid include Royal Palace Of Madrid in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
35.29% of people start their Royal Palace Of Madrid visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Royal Palace Of Madrid
52.6% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Royal Palace Of Madrid