Royal Palace Of Madrid
Tours for Royal Palace Of Madrid
About Royal Palace Of Madrid, Madrid
The pretty Plaza de la Armeria leads you into this rococo wonder of 2000 rooms of which only 50 are open to the public. Built in the 18th century and modelled loosely after Versailles, the place is no longer the residence of the Royal family though it’s still used for ceremonial purposes. Lavishly decorated, the complex is spread out over 13 hectares. The areas you’re not allowed into are warded off by golden rope. Highlights include:
- The Royal Armoury
- The Royal Pharmacy
- The China Room
- The Throne Room
- The Baroque Plaza de Oriente: famed for the statues of 20 Spanish kings and the monument to Phillip IV.
- The Campo del Moro Gardens: a garden in Romantic and English Style.
- The Neoclassical Sabatini Gardens with mazes and statuary.
- The changing of the guard.
Royal Palace Of Madrid Information
- Photography not allowed inside; use lockers to store camera.
- Carry your own map of the place.
- The English audio guide is excellent.
- Disability accessible.
- The palace is partially open for public visit.
Royal Palace Of Madrid Tickets Prices
- Basic rates: 10 EURO
- Reduced rate: 5 EURO
- Partial opening rate: 5 EURO
- For other details, check the official website.
Royal Palace Of Madrid Opening and Closing Hours
- Box Office Hours in Winter: Open until 5:00pm
- Box Office Hours in Summer: Open until 7:00pm
How To Get To Royal Palace Of Madrid by Public Transport
- Metro Line 2 and 5 Opera Station
- Line R Principe Pio station
- Nearby Bus Station: Calle de San Quintín N 10
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Calle Bailen, s/n, 28071 Madrid, Spain
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 107K times in trip plans
Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Royal Palace Of Madrid Tickets And Tours
Embark on a sightseeing bus tour of Madrid and discover the most important buildings, avenues and squares with a brief stop at the Hard Rock Café for a complimentary soft drink refreshment and ending with an entrance to the Royal Palace.
Get early access to the Royal Palace of Madrid with this 2-hour Viator Exclusive tour, not available anywhere else. Get acquainted with the residence of the Spanish Royal Family, including parts of the palace that other visitors don't have access to. See the lavish Throne Room, the Royal Pharmacy and the Royal Armory. Learn about the history of the monarchy in Spain and how the palace's decorations have changed over time through your guide's informative remarks. Visit the verdant 19th-century English-style gardens, which include 2 remarkable neo-classical fountains.
Experience the best of Madrid, and see the sights that you want to see on this private tour. Choose from a half- or full-day tour, then let your local guide know your interests and leave the rest to them. With a flexible itinerary that is customized to your preferences, this tour has everything you need to explore Spain’s capital with ease, including preplanned logistics and complimentary public transport. Visit the city’s must-see attractions, such as Prado Museum and the Royal Palace of Madrid, and discover hidden gems that many visitors miss.
Share your experience - Rate Royal Palace Of Madrid, Madrid
The tour we had with a local guide was fabulous. This is a stunningly beautiful place, furnished and ready for guests. The crowd control could be improved. There were a large number of guests using tablet -based tour information who did not understand that our group was trying to stay close to our guide.
We passed by this palace many times but never bothered entering the palace(Always took some photos outside and left) because of the long queue by the entrance. We finally decided to queue this time and the waiting time was surprisingly short before we could enter. The interior of this palace is just AMAZING! Every room was decorated with such tasteful color and material. Regardless of all the luxurious furniture or silverware, the rooms feel surprisingly homey, not so distanced like Versailles. For music lovers: there is a Stradivari quartet in one of the rooms. Totally worth it!
It's very well preserved palace. The interior of rooms are very beautiful. It's a huge palace so expect a lot of walking. I wish they add more English explanation for displays so it's easier to understand.
Our three kids were beyond thrilled to visit the place. We did a self guided tour and absolutely loved it! So many exquisite antiques and amazing works of art! It's a definite must see!
Beautiful palace. Has English and Spanish descriptor cards posted in each room. Don't forget to see the armory museum off the main outside courtyard it is easy to miss. Huge display of suits of armor
- Nearby Attractions
- Plaza And Palacio De Cibeles
- Gran Via
- Plaza De Cibeles
- Real Basilica De San Francisco El Grande
- Plaza Mayor
- Museo Lazaro Galdiano
- Fundacion Mapfre Recoletos
- Madrid Rio
- Alcala Gate
- Hotels Near Royal Palace Of Madrid
- Hotels Near Royal Palace Of Madrid
- 5 Star Hotels Near Royal Palace Of Madrid
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Royal Palace Of Madrid
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Royal Palace Of Madrid
- Budget Hotels Near Royal Palace Of Madrid
- Cheap Hotels Near Royal Palace Of Madrid
- Luxury Hotels Near Royal Palace Of Madrid
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Madrid
- 2 Days in Madrid
- 3 Days in Madrid
- 4 Days in Madrid
- 5 Days in Madrid
- 6 Days in Madrid
- 7 Days in Madrid