Salesas RealesCurrently Closed
- Address: Calle del Gral. Castanos, 2, 28004 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-913194811
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Salesas Reales - Review
The Church of Santa Barbara is built in Neo-Classic design built in late 1750’s. The place was built to provide accommodation to nuns belonging to the order of St. Francis de Sales. In its history, the monastery was closed down to function as the Place of Justice and in 1891, was reopened as a Parish.
- The burial tombs of Ferdinand VI and his wife
- The tomb of the general Leopoldo O´Donnell
- Both the tombs are works of art and consist of some of the most gorgeous statues in the city.
Salesas Reales Hours
- Days before holidays: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm; 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Sundays and holy days of obligation: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm; 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Weekdays: 10:30 am and 7:00 pm
- Saturdays and days before holidays: 10:30 am and 8:00 pm
- Sundays and holy days of obligation: 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- Half an hour before each Mass.
- Mondays and Fridays from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm; 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (weekdays only).
- Monday and Friday from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
How To reach Salesas Reales by Public Transport
- By Metro/ Subway: Colon
- By Bus: Pza. de las Salesas
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Salesas Reales Trips
Salesas Reales, Madrid Reviews
Lovely church and courtyard. Great to spend an hour reading in the shade of the trees in the summer.
A very lovely church and at one time a convent. The art work is brilliant.
Very nice church!
I love the architecture of the Santa Barbara Church. It is very impressive from the outside and also from the inside. I also like the beauty of the main altar.
Preciosa, el entorno y la escalinata de acceso son fantásticos. Es una iglesia preciosa para una boda. Las veces ese ido la acogida y los sacerdotes han sido excelentes. Agradecida