Salesas Reales3 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Calle del Gral. Castanos, 2, 28004 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-913194811
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Cathedral
The Church of Santa Barbara is built in Neo-Classic design built in late 1750’s. The place was built to provide accommodation to nuns belonging to the order of St. Francis de Sales. In its history, the monastery was closed down to function as the Place of Justice and in 1891, was reopened as a Parish.
- The burial tombs of Ferdinand VI and his wife
- The tomb of the general Leopoldo O´Donnell
- Both the tombs are works of art and consist of some of the most gorgeous statues in the city.
Salesas Reales Hours
- Days before holidays: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm; 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Sundays and holy days of obligation: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm; 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Weekdays: 10:30 am and 7:00 pm
- Saturdays and days before holidays: 10:30 am and 8:00 pm
- Sundays and holy days of obligation: 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- Half an hour before each Mass.
- Mondays and Fridays from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm; 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (weekdays only).
- Monday and Friday from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
How to Reach Salesas Reales
- By Metro/ Subway: Colon
- By Bus: Pza. de las Salesas
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.01% of people who visit Madrid include Salesas Reales in their plan
95% of people start their Salesas Reales visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Salesas Reales
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Salesas Reales
People normally also visit Estatua De Goya while planning their trip to Salesas Reales.