San Jose Church, Madrid
About San Jose Church, Madrid
San Jose Church, Madrid - Address, Phone Number
Address: Calle de Alcalá, 43, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 07:25 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 28 times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A part of the renowned Bien de Interés Cultural- a heritage register in Spain, the Church of San Jose was constructed by Pedro de Ribera 1730 and 1742 in true Baroque style.
The gorgeous alter that adorns the church consist of a statue made by Luis Salvador Carmona in the 18th century.
Highlights of the church include:
- The chapel of St. Teresa, constructed like a miniature church and complemented with murals.
- Sculpture of Alonso de Mena and San Jose made by Luis Salvador Carmona.
San Jose Church Opening and Closing Hours
- Weekday: 7.25 am, 8.00 am, 10.00 am, 11.00 am, 12.00 pm, 7.00 pm ( 7.00 pm during winter/8.00 pm during summer)
- Sunday: 7.00 pm(vigil); 10.00 am, 11.00 am, 12.00 pm, 6.00 pm(winter), 8.00 pm
How To reach San Jose Church by Public Transport
- By Metro: Banco de Espana
- By Bus: Alcala - Barquillo
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
San Jose Church, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
The Church of San Jose is located on a very street, Calle de Alcala. We enjoy visiting this church because it has important art. There is an important sculpture of the Crucified Christ by Alonso de Mena and a San Jose by Luis Salvador Carmona.
Nice church in the heart of Madrid!
Historic Church located in Gran Via Street.
Perfectly compatible architecture Madrid .
- Nearby Attractions
- Pum Pum Café
- La Casona De Malasaña
- Hotel Villa De Barajas
- Prado Apartamentos
- Cine Estudio - Círculo De Bellas Artes
- Matute 12
- El Diamante
- Calle De María De Molina, 16
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 48 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 72 Hours in Madrid
- How to Spend 5 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 6 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 7 Days in Madrid