Sorolla MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Paseo del General Martínez Campos, 37, 28010 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 09:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-913101584
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids
Sorolla Museum - Review
Approaching this elegant house, you’re possessed by a sudden tranquillity. Everything just blends so perfectly into everything else. This was early 20th century painter Sorolla’s home, where he drew quite a bit of his post-impressionism work. The painting galleries are stunning – you’ll find yourself wondering why you haven’t heard of this man before. Walking through, you’ll be seeing the house decorated as it was in the days when the artists lived here. The studio is a particular favourite of tourists, and I’ll bet you’ll leave with many ideas of what your own studio might one day look like.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Madrid itinerary 1 day.
Sorolla Museum Information
- Public parking at Zurbano, 68 and General Martinez Campos, 42 duplicate.
- No pictures, food, drinks, animals or smoking.
- Groups need to make prior reservation before visiting the museum.
Sorolla Museum Ticket Prices
Reduced Ticket (groups of 8 or more people and cultural volunteers): 1.50EURO
Free with the Madrid Card.
- Every Sunday
- April 18 (World Heritage Day)
- May 18 (International Museum Day)
- October 12 (National Holiday of Spain)
- December 6 (Day of the Spanish Constitution)
- Under 18 years
- ICOM members, APME, ANABAD, AEM, EGF
- Members of the Board of the Foundation Museo Sorolla
- Donors Museum attached to cultural property
- Citizens of the European Union, Latin America and foreign residents in Spain: Over 65 years; Pensioners
- People with disabilities and companion, when it is essential for your visit.
- Holders of the Youth Card
- Equivalent document
- College Students
- People officially unemployed
- Members of large families
- Official Tourist Guides & Persons assigned to museum institutions.
Sorolla Museum Hours
Museum Peak Hours:
- Tuesday to Fridays: 11:00am to 1:00pm
- Saturday: 11:00am to 1:00pm & 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- Sunday: 11:00am to 2:00pm
How To reach Sorolla Museum by Public Transport
- By Bus: 5, 7, 14, 16, 27, 40, 45, 61, 147 and 150.
- By Metro: Church (Line 1)
- Ruben Dario (line 5)
- Gregorio Maranon (lines 7 and 10)
Restaurants Near Sorolla Museum
- La Parcelita
- Jose Luis Restaurante
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sorolla Museum
40.93% of people who visit Madrid include Sorolla Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
35.15% of people start their Sorolla Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sorolla Museum
90.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sorolla Museum
Sorolla Museum Trips
1 View13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Madrid, Albacete, Valencia, Barcelona, Paris from HyderabadBy: Guest UserCity: Madrid, Albacete, Valencia, Barcelona, Paris
11 Views13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Madrid, Albacete, Valencia, Barcelona, Paris from HyderabadBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Madrid, Albacete, Valencia, Barcelona, Paris
Sorolla Museum, Madrid Reviews
The house is a small but we'll designed mansion that Sorolla built to suit his family and his profession as a painter. He designed it so he could use as a canvass and it appears in much of his work, particularly in his later years. Then it is decorated with his own art acquisitions, including floor and wall tiles, as well as many of his paintings. They also exhibit sketches he created to depict how the house should be built. We just loved the house, the gardens, and the art work, all if which had Sorolla hand in their creation.
A delightful museum, full of wonderful paintings by and belongings of Sorolla. There is a beautiful garden to relax in as well. A little gem in the middle Madrid. Come and look, even if, like me, you have not heard of the artist. You will be impressed.
Lovely home of Sorollo filled with his pictures. He painted his family in such a loving way. Loved it more than the Prado
The museum was amazing! A great place to review an impressionist / naturalist painter. The house was colorful, light, and Airy. He was a master of light and painting in different shades of white. From his paintings, it is clear that he adored his family.
Wonderful house where Joaquin Sorolla lived and painted. Full of original furniture and his paintings. We'll worth a visit especially if you've never heard of him. Like me!