Sorolla Museum5866 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Paseo del General Martínez Campos, 37, 28010 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 09:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-913101584
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Museums
Approaching this elegant house, you’re possessed by a sudden tranquillity. Everything just blends so perfectly into everything else. This was early 20th century painter Sorolla’s home, where he drew quite a bit of his post-impressionism work. The painting galleries are stunning – you’ll find yourself wondering why you haven’t heard of this man before. Walking through, you’ll be seeing the house decorated as it was in the days when the artists lived here. The studio is a particular favourite of tourists, and I’ll bet you’ll leave with many ideas of what your own studio might one day look like.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Madrid itinerary 1 day.
Sorolla Museum Travel Tips
- Public parking at Zurbano, 68 and General Martinez Campos, 42 duplicate.
- No pictures, food, drinks, animals or smoking.
- Groups need to make prior reservation before visiting the museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sorolla Museum
Reduced Ticket (groups of 8 or more people and cultural volunteers): 1.50EURO
Free with the Madrid Card.
- Every Sunday
- April 18 (World Heritage Day)
- May 18 (International Museum Day)
- October 12 (National Holiday of Spain)
- December 6 (Day of the Spanish Constitution)
- Under 18 years
- ICOM members, APME, ANABAD, AEM, EGF
- Members of the Board of the Foundation Museo Sorolla
- Donors Museum attached to cultural property
- Citizens of the European Union, Latin America and foreign residents in Spain: Over 65 years; Pensioners
- People with disabilities and companion, when it is essential for your visit.
- Holders of the Youth Card
- Equivalent document
- College Students
- People officially unemployed
- Members of large families
- Official Tourist Guides & Persons assigned to museum institutions.
Sorolla Museum Hours
Museum Peak Hours:
- Tuesday to Fridays: 11:00am to 1:00pm
- Saturday: 11:00am to 1:00pm & 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- Sunday: 11:00am to 2:00pm
How to Reach Sorolla Museum
- By Bus: 5, 7, 14, 16, 27, 40, 45, 61, 147 and 150.
- By Metro: Church (Line 1)
- Ruben Dario (line 5)
- Gregorio Maranon (lines 7 and 10)
- La Parcelita
- Jose Luis Restaurante
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
34.87% of people who visit Madrid include Sorolla Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
35.15% of people start their Sorolla Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sorolla Museum
90.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sorolla Museum