The Valley Of The FallenCurrently Closed
- Address: Carretera de Guadarrama/El Escorial, 28209 San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Memorial, Monument
General Franco said that he wanted to commemorate the fallen of the Spanish Civil War, so he commissioned this extravagant memorial on their behalf. Covering a wide area of the hills and woods of Sierra de Guadarrama, the complex includes a Basilica, a Benedictine Abbey, a guest house, the Valley, and the Juanelos a massive 150 metre high cross that can be seen from 32 kilometres away. It remains a controversial structure to this day, even though the Catholic church here is functional; this mainly because of the church was constructed by convicts, leading to comparisons with Nazi concentration camps.. For better or worse, Spain has embraced this historic monument. Also, there’s one person buried here who did NOT die in the civil war: Franco himself.
For anyone who wish to witness the history of Spain in its true form, must definitely give this place a visit. Here, within a decent Valley of the Fallen Ticket Price, you get to see a Basilica, a benedictine abbey and the massive cross that it encompasses. All The Valley of the Fallen Tickets can be bought from the premises. The Valley of the Fallen Ticket Cost is totally free for large families and children. Go with your family, Buy Tickets for The Valley of the Fallen and delve into this intriguing remnant of the past with myriad stories.
- Line 664 bus stops Herranz; (6 miles upslope is the monument).
- The route of the line 664 goes from Moncloa (Island 1 dock 11) in Madrid to San Lorenzo del Escorial (via Guadarrama ). On weekdays, Monday through Friday, are quite common.
- Check website for events.
- Entrance fee: 5 EURO
- Funicular railway: 1.50EURO
- Wednesday: Free admission for EU citizens.
- Bus from station in San Lorenzo de El Escorial at 15:15 goes monument (Basilica and Hospice).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.58% of people who visit Madrid include The Valley Of The Fallen in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
83.1% of people start their The Valley Of The Fallen visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see The Valley Of The Fallen
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Valley Of The Fallen