The Valley Of The FallenCurrently Closed
- Address: Carretera de Guadarrama/El Escorial, 28209 San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Memorial, Monument, Family And Kids
The Valley Of The Fallen - Review
General Franco said that he wanted to commemorate the fallen of the Spanish Civil War, so he commissioned this extravagant memorial on their behalf. Covering a wide area of the hills and woods of Sierra de Guadarrama, the complex includes a Basilica, a Benedictine Abbey, a guest house, the Valley, and the Juanelos a massive 150 metre high cross that can be seen from 32 kilometres away. It remains a controversial structure to this day, even though the Catholic church here is functional; this mainly because of the church was constructed by convicts, leading to comparisons with Nazi concentration camps.. For better or worse, Spain has embraced this historic monument. Also, there’s one person buried here who did NOT die in the civil war: Franco himself.
For anyone who wish to witness the history of Spain in its true form, must definitely give this place a visit. Here, within a decent Valley of the Fallen Ticket Price, you get to see a Basilica, a benedictine abbey and the massive cross that it encompasses. All The Valley of the Fallen Tickets can be bought from the premises. The Valley of the Fallen Ticket Cost is totally free for large families and children. Go with your family, Buy Tickets for The Valley of the Fallen and delve into this intriguing remnant of the past with myriad stories.
The Valley Of The Fallen Information
- Line 664 bus stops Herranz; (6 miles upslope is the monument).
- The route of the line 664 goes from Moncloa (Island 1 dock 11) in Madrid to San Lorenzo del Escorial (via Guadarrama ). On weekdays, Monday through Friday, are quite common.
- Check website for events.
The Valley Of The Fallen Ticket Prices
- Entrance fee: 5 EURO
- Funicular railway: 1.50EURO
- Wednesday: Free admission for EU citizens.
How To reach The Valley Of The Fallen by Public Transport
- Bus from station in San Lorenzo de El Escorial at 15:15 goes monument (Basilica and Hospice).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Valley Of The Fallen
10.51% of people who visit Madrid include The Valley Of The Fallen in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
54.06% of people start their The Valley Of The Fallen visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see The Valley Of The Fallen
93.35% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Valley Of The Fallen
The Valley Of The Fallen Sightseeing Tours
The Valley Of The Fallen Tickets & Passes
The Valley Of The Fallen Map
The Valley Of The Fallen Trips
1 View3 Days 2 Nights3 Day Trip to Los Ángeles De San Rafael from MadridBy: Guest User
The Valley Of The Fallen, Madrid Reviews
All QuestionsThe valley of the fallen
- Griffith Memorials
- Uplands Shoe Repairs
- The Garage
- The Grove Gallery
- Dioces Of Swansea & Brecon
- Pantygwydr Baptist Church
- A B Sea School
- St Benedicts R C Church
- Green Baize Snooker Club
- Artists Blank Canvas
- Austin Designs
- St Jude's
- Dylan Thomas Birthplace & Family Home
- Gateway Church Caerphilly
Find places near The Valley Of The Fallen, Madrid
Hospedería de la Santa Cruz del Valle de los Caídos Carretera Guadarrama, S/N0.001 km away