The Valley Of The Fallen, Madrid
About The Valley Of The Fallen, Madrid
The Valley Of The Fallen, Madrid - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Carretera de Guadarrama/El Escorial, 28209 San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Madrid, Spain
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 9.6K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Memorial, Monument, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
General Franco said that he wanted to commemorate the fallen of the Spanish Civil War, so he commissioned this extravagant memorial on their behalf. Covering a wide area of the hills and woods of Sierra de Guadarrama, the complex includes a Basilica, a Benedictine Abbey, a guest house, the Valley, and the Juanelos a massive 150 metre high cross that can be seen from 32 kilometres away. It remains a controversial structure to this day, even though the Catholic church here is functional; this mainly because of the church was constructed by convicts, leading to comparisons with Nazi concentration camps.. For better or worse, Spain has embraced this historic monument. Also, there’s one person buried here who did NOT die in the civil war: Franco himself.
For anyone who wish to witness the history of Spain in its true form, must definitely give this place a visit. Here, within a decent Valley of the Fallen Ticket Price, you get to see a Basilica, a benedictine abbey and the massive cross that it encompasses. All The Valley of the Fallen Tickets can be bought from the premises. The Valley of the Fallen Ticket Cost is totally free for large families and children. Go with your family, Buy Tickets for The Valley of the Fallen and delve into this intriguing remnant of the past with myriad stories.
The Valley Of The Fallen Information
- Line 664 bus stops Herranz; (6 miles upslope is the monument).
- The route of the line 664 goes from Moncloa (Island 1 dock 11) in Madrid to San Lorenzo del Escorial (via Guadarrama ). On weekdays, Monday through Friday, are quite common.
- Check website for events.
The Valley Of The Fallen Ticket Prices
- Entrance fee: 5 EURO
- Funicular railway: 1.50EURO
- Wednesday: Free admission for EU citizens.
How To reach The Valley Of The Fallen by Public Transport
- Bus from station in San Lorenzo de El Escorial at 15:15 goes monument (Basilica and Hospice).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Valley Of The Fallen, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Madrid Bullfighting Tickets
- Hostal La Perla Asturiana
- Prado Museum
- Puerta De Atocha
- Restaurante Casa Lucas
- Restaurante Mediterráneo
- Café Comercial
- Plaza De Toros
- Petit Palace Triball
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 48 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 72 Hours in Madrid
- How to Spend 5 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 6 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 7 Days in Madrid