Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum, Madrid
About Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum, Madrid
Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum, Madrid - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Paseo del Prado, 8, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Ticket Price: 12 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 83.5K times in trip plans
Art Gallery, Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Madrid already had the The Prado and the Sofia, and somehow the Thyssen had to make a name for it among these incredibly popular competitor galleries. How did it do that? Well:
- With an intense focus on impressionistic and post impressionistic work.
- A clever chronological procession of paintings that let viewers almost literally strolls through history.
- Paintings that are superbly curated – only the masters of the masters are displayed here.
- A tranquil atmosphere where the silence lets the art speak and allows you to hear – unlike the Prado and the Sofia.
- An incredibly compact layout that allows a great number of precious artwork to be crammed into a very small space.
- A beautiful building of warm and inviting hues.
Other collections here include Renaissance, Baroque and Rococo, 14th and 15th century recento and quattrocento, and Flemish and Dutch painters.
It’s only when you’re leaving that you realise that you’ve been well and thoroughly enchanted. The museum doesn’t show you everything you need to know about European painting, but it shows you a lot of what really matters.
Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum Information
- Best to reserve tickets in advance.
- Public parking at Plaza de las Cortes.
Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum Ticket Prices
- General Admission: 12 EURO
- Reduced (pensioners, over 65’s, students, youth card holder, members of large families, disabled with 33% rating, faculty members of Fine Arts ): 8 EURO
- Free Admission (on Mondays between 12pm and 4pm): Children under 12 years, Friends of the museum members, Citizens officially unemployed and ICOM Memberships.
Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- You can visit the museum anytime during the visiting hours.
- The ticket office closes at 6:30pm.
- Galleries are emptied 5 minutes before the closing hours.
- Private Guided Tour: For permanent collection: 10:00am to 6:00pm (Tuesday to Sunday); No private guided tour on Mondays.
How To reach Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum by Public Transport
- Underground: Line 2, Banco de Espana Station
- Buses: Lines 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 14, 15, 20, 27, 34, 37, 41, 51, 52, 53, 74, 146 and 150
Restaurants Near Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum
- Restaurant at the museum
- Paradis Madrid
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
Fantastic, world class gallery and blissfully without the long lineups seen at the Prado. There are many, many notable works here representing a good coverage of most artistic periods. The audio tour, while not essential, is highly recommended. If you are a visitor to Madrid don't miss it.
It's laid out methodically and has a great collection. We spent 6 hours here and then left because we got tired. We could have easily spent another 4 hours here. They also have a cafe indoors
First time here after four visits to Madrid. Very enjoyable. Some excellent paintings from known and lesser known artists. The Jewel at the moment is the Picasso/ Lautrec exhibition - not to be missed, and included in the admission price
Excellent art collection, shows a wide selection of art history. If you pick the right day the entrance it's free. Amazing art pieces.
It's a great place to go on a date, too bad the area my lady friend wanted to see was closed off at the time. But overall had amazing pieces of art
- Nearby Attractions
- Cafe La Mexicana
- Fuente "plaza Platería De Martínez"
- Madrid Bullfighting Tickets
- Hostal La Perla Asturiana
- Prado Museum
- Puerta De Atocha
- Restaurante Casa Lucas
- Restaurante Mediterráneo
- Café Comercial
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 48 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 72 Hours in Madrid
- How to Spend 5 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 6 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 7 Days in Madrid