Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum9069 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Paseo del Prado, 8, 28014 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-902760511
- Ticket Price: 12 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Museums
Madrid already had the The Prado and the Sofia, and somehow the Thyssen had to make a name for it among these incredibly popular competitor galleries. How did it do that? Well:
- With an intense focus on impressionistic and post impressionistic work.
- A clever chronological procession of paintings that let viewers almost literally strolls through history.
- Paintings that are superbly curated – only the masters of the masters are displayed here.
- A tranquil atmosphere where the silence lets the art speak and allows you to hear – unlike the Prado and the Sofia.
- An incredibly compact layout that allows a great number of precious artwork to be crammed into a very small space.
- A beautiful building of warm and inviting hues.
Other collections here include Renaissance, Baroque and Rococo, 14th and 15th century recento and quattrocento, and Flemish and Dutch painters.
It’s only when you’re leaving that you realise that you’ve been well and thoroughly enchanted. The museum doesn’t show you everything you need to know about European painting, but it shows you a lot of what really matters.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Madrid itinerary 5 days.
Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum Travel Tips
- Best to reserve tickets in advance.
- Public parking at Plaza de las Cortes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum
- General Admission: 12 EURO
- Reduced (pensioners, over 65’s, students, youth card holder, members of large families, disabled with 33% rating, faculty members of Fine Arts ): 8 EURO
- Free Admission (on Mondays between 12pm and 4pm): Children under 12 years, Friends of the museum members, Citizens officially unemployed and ICOM Memberships.
Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum Hours
- You can visit the museum anytime during the visiting hours.
- The ticket office closes at 6:30pm.
- Galleries are emptied 5 minutes before the closing hours.
- Private Guided Tour: For permanent collection: 10:00am to 6:00pm (Tuesday to Sunday); No private guided tour on Mondays.
How to Reach Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum
- Underground: Line 2, Banco de Espana Station
- Buses: Lines 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 14, 15, 20, 27, 34, 37, 41, 51, 52, 53, 74, 146 and 150
- Restaurant at the museum
- Paradis Madrid
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
54.28% of people who visit Madrid include Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
41.31% of people start their Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum
65.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Thyssen - Bornemisza Museum