Aayiram Kaal Mandapam1238 Votes Currently Open
- Address: EChitrai Street, near Meenakshi Amman Temple, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625001, India Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 5 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
One of the most beautiful Manadapams or Halls in Madurai, the AayiramKaalMandapam is known as the 1000 pillar Hall (985 to be precise). The manadapam is located on the grounds of the Meenakshi Amman Temple.
The hall is carved out of a single rock and the pillars all bear carvings depicting various God and Goddesses from Indian Mythology.
The pillars are well maintained and give you a peek into Madurai’s extensive history and marvelous architecture. The detailed statue of Natraja- the Indian God of Dance in Indian Mythology, gives the hall a characteristic appeal.
- Musical pillars which produce different sounds after being struck (located to the west of the Mandapam)
- Art Museum including pictures and idols of Indian Gods.
Aayiram Kaal Mandapam Travel Tips
- Do visit the nearby Meenakshi Amman Temple.
Entrance Ticket Details For Aayiram Kaal Mandapam
- Entry per person: INR 5
- Photography: INR 50
How to Reach Aayiram Kaal Mandapam
- Bus: At N Masi Bus Stop and Palace Road Bus Stop
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madurai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madurai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Aayiram Kaal Mandapam Address: EChitrai Street, near Meenakshi Amman Temple, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625001, India
- Aayiram Kaal Mandapam Timing: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Aayiram Kaal Mandapam Price: 5 INR
- Best time to visit Aayiram Kaal Mandapam(preferred time): 09:30 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Aayiram Kaal Mandapam: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
51.26% of people who visit Madurai include Aayiram Kaal Mandapam in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
44.44% of people start their Aayiram Kaal Mandapam visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Aayiram Kaal Mandapam
55.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Aayiram Kaal Mandapam
People normally club together Walking Trails With Storytrails and Puthu Mandapam while planning their visit to Aayiram Kaal Mandapam.