Gandhi Memorial MuseumCurrently Open
- Address: Tallakulam, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625020, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:45 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4522531060
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Historical Site, Family And Kids
A palace built in the 17th century was converted to a Museum and inaugurated by Jawaharlal Nehru in 1959 to hold all the precious belongings of M.K. Gandhi who was brutally assassinated with a gunshot after the Indian independence.
The museum pays tribute to his endeavors and has a section of exhibits which show the freedom struggle of India.
- Over 100 articles belonging to Mahatma Gandhi including the blood stained cloth in which he was assassinated.
- Articles of importance and historic relevance including a letter M.K.Gandhi wrote to Hitler.
Entrance Ticket Details For Gandhi Memorial Museum
- Camera and Video Fee: Rs.50/-
How to Reach Gandhi Memorial Museum
- Bus: At Collector Office Bus Stop and Tamukkam Ground Bus Stop
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madurai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madurai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Gandhi Memorial Museum Address: Tallakulam, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625020, India
- Gandhi Memorial Museum Contact Number: +91-4522531060
- Gandhi Memorial Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:45 pm
- Best time to visit Gandhi Memorial Museum(preferred time): 02:00 pm - 04:45 pm
- Time required to visit Gandhi Memorial Museum: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
30.44% of people who visit Madurai include Gandhi Memorial Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
71.01% of people start their Gandhi Memorial Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Gandhi Memorial Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gandhi Memorial Museum
People normally club together Thirumalain Nayakar Mahal and Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple while planning their visit to Gandhi Memorial Museum.