Gorippalayam DargahCurrently Open
- Address: On The Bank Of Vaigai River, Madurai, India Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Family And Kids
TheGorippalayamDargah was built by King ThiruvalaiNayak and remains one of the most tranquil places to visit in Madurai.
The Mosque has the tombs of two sultans from Yemen namely HazratKhaja Syed Sultan AlauddinBadusharazi and HazratKhaja Syed SulthanShamsuddin. Both the Sultans contributed towards the spread of Islam in the region.
The GorippalayamDargah welcomes people from everywhere to experience its beautiful architecture and peaceful ambience.
- Tombs of the Sultans
- The main dome made form a single rock.
- 13th century inscriptions in Tamil language near the entrance.
Gorippalayam Dargah Travel Tips
- Do follow the customs of the Mosque including footwear being removed outside the main shrine and covering your head with a scarf.
How to Reach Gorippalayam Dargah
- Bus: At Goripalayam Bus Stop
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madurai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madurai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Gorippalayam Dargah Address: On The Bank Of Vaigai River, Madurai, India
- Gorippalayam Dargah Timing: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Gorippalayam Dargah(preferred time): 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Gorippalayam Dargah: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
44.8% of people who visit Madurai include Gorippalayam Dargah in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
32.89% of people start their Gorippalayam Dargah visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Gorippalayam Dargah
93.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gorippalayam Dargah
People normally club together Iskcon Temple and Saint Mary's Cathedral while planning their visit to Gorippalayam Dargah.