Puthu MandapamCurrently Open [Closes at 08:30 pm]
- Address: Near Meenakshi Amman Temple, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Hall
Puthu Mandapam - Review
A ‘Mandapan’ or Hall near the Meenakshi Amman Temple, the place is a shopping street filled with some of the oldest shops in Madurai. The shops date back to around 1921 and are passed down from generation to generation.
A walk here is a walk through history since the Mandapan itself holds some fascinating stories. The place was used for meetings by Indian freedom fighters during the British Raj!
Today the 125 pillared historic place gets lost in the lights and buzz of the shops which have engulfed it, but still exudes vibrancy and is a must-see for first time visitors.
- Brass and wooden articles
- Textile shops
Puthu Mandapam Information
- If you want to buy small local-made gifts, the place offers a wide variety to choose from.
How To reach Puthu Mandapam by Public Transport
- Bus: At N Masi Bus Stop and Palace Road Bus Stop
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madurai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madurai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Puthu Mandapam
95% of people who visit Madurai include Puthu Mandapam in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
31.24% of people start their Puthu Mandapam visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Puthu Mandapam
60.81% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Puthu Mandapam
Puthu Mandapam Map
Puthu Mandapam Trips
Puthu Mandapam, Madurai Reviews
All QuestionsPuthu mandapam
- Apollo Leisure Productions
- Walthamstow National Spiritualist Church
- Audio Visual Specialist Co
- St James's Place, Spencer House
- St Helen's Church
- D-Tek Entertainments
- The Reading Room Theatre
- The Fez Club
- O&Co Entertainment
- Langham Gallery
- Steiner House Theatre
- Target Gallery
- The Commitments
- Fahad Jalali Records
- St. Paul's Shadwell