Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple732 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Thiruparankundram, Tamil Nadu 625005, Madurai, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4522484359
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
One of the most ancient (believed to be built before the 7thcentury) and lavishly carved temple in south India, the ThiruparankundramMurugan temple makes a first time visitor rather speechless just by its gigantic size. The colors that burst at the entrance gives a peek of what lies inside and the story behind the temple only adds more charm to the place. Mythology says this is where Lord MuruganmarriedDeivayanai, the daughter of the king of heaven- Indra.
The whole temple is a pleasureto walk through- every wall and pillar is graced with intricate carving of gods and goddesses from the Indian Mythology. The principal Idol is of Lord Murugan even though many other Idols adorn the temple.
- Luxuriously carved Halls and life-sized idols of Gods.
- Rajagopuram (royal pyramidal tower) at the entrance.
- 5 divine water sources around the temple.
Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple Travel Tips
- Removing shoes outside the temple are customary.
How to Reach Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple
- Bus: At Thiruparankundram Bus stand
- Train: At Thirupparankundram Railway Station
- Hire an Auto-rickshaw.
- Hire a Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Madurai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madurai and book an accommodation of your choice.
41.69% of people who visit Madurai include Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
77.78% of people start their Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple