Arthur's Seat PointCurrently Open
- Address: Arthur’s seat point, Mahabaleshwar, Satara, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1800229930
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
Being the queen of all points in Mahabaleshwar, Arthur's Seat has the most fascinating aspect of unique the rock formations and setting around here. The gravitational force of the earth at this point is minimum and lighter objects thrown into the valley are said to fly up due to this reverse force.
Located at an elevation of 1,470 meters, Arthur's Seat provides an excellent view of the valleys and surrounding hills. As Arthur Mallet was the first person to have come here and built a house, this place is named after him. Arthur Mallet, a British official and poet is said to have sat here after losing his wife and children to a ferry accident on River Savitri. The deep Savitri Valley on the left side and the green expanse to the right offer a captivating sight. Arthur's Seat is the only viewpoint from where one can distinguish the geographical differentiation of the Konkan Region and the Deccan Plateau. Window Point is located just below the Arthur's Seat. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Mahabaleshwar Itinerary 3 Days.
Arthur's Seat Point Travel Tips
- Local guides are available but they might trick you into paying more, so beware of those.
- Carry your camera if you enjoy photography, this place has lot in store.
- Do not go overboard in your excitement and peep or walk down the cliffs.
How to Reach Arthur's Seat Point
- Local sightseeing bus
- Private tourist’s bus
- Rented taxi or private cars
- Roadside stalls serving flavored Buttermilk and butter tossed corn.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mahabaleshwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mahabaleshwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.95% of people who visit Mahabaleshwar include Arthur's Seat Point in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
57.28% of people start their Arthur's Seat Point visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Arthur's Seat Point
94.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arthur's Seat Point