Carnac PointCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Wilson point, Mahabaleshwar, Satara, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9102168-260318
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, View Point, Family And Kids, Valley, Nature
Carnac Point - Review
Sir James Rivett Carnac was one of the few governors of British reign who had been prettily inspired by the pictorial beauty of Mahabaleshwar. As a tribute to this great lover of nature, Carnac point is named after him. It is rest assured that the enchanting views offered by this point would hold one’s breathe. Carnac point proffers the amazing sceneries of the majestic saddle back peaks and the precipices of Babington Point. Though obstructed, one can also witness sunset from here. Clothed with lustrous greenery, the ravines below the points are extremely beautiful in the month of October when the salubrious cold environments reflects the beauty at its zenith.
Carnac Point Information
- Local guides are available but they might trick you into paying more, so beware of those.
- Carry your camera if you enjoy photography, this place has lot in store.
- Do not go overboard in your excitement and peep or walk down the cliffs.
How To reach Carnac Point by Public Transport
- Local sightseeing bus
- Private tourist’s bus
- Rented taxi or private cars
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mahabaleshwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mahabaleshwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Carnac Point
67.79% of people who visit Mahabaleshwar include Carnac Point in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.54% of people start their Carnac Point visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Carnac Point
94.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Carnac Point