Chinaman's FallsCurrently Open
- Address: Venna valley, Mahabaleshwar, Satara, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +91-1800229930
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Waterfall, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids
Chinaman's Falls - Review
The captivating Chinaman’s fall lies towards the south of the Koyna Valley in Mahabaleshwar. A tour of this hill station is incomplete without visiting this cataract. The beautiful gardens in the vicinity were earlier managed by Chinese, owing to which the waterfall got its name Chinaman’s fall. Positioned at the top of the Venna Valley, it is bewitching to watch the water flowing from such an enormous height. The best time to visit the falls is during the monsoon season.
Chinaman’s Falls offers ample chances to take some amazing snaps. Click the gushing water at dawn and dusk when sunrays enhance its overall appeal.
Chinaman's Falls Information
- The best time to visit the waterfalls is in the rainy season.
- The waterfall can be dangerous is rainy season, so it is not at all advisable to swim.
- The place is not suitable for toddlers and elderly people as the walk up to the waterfall is slippery.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mahabaleshwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mahabaleshwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chinaman's Falls
95% of people who visit Mahabaleshwar include Chinaman's Falls in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
26.18% of people start their Chinaman's Falls visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chinaman's Falls
94.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chinaman's Falls
Chinaman's Falls Map
Chinaman's Falls Trips
Chinaman's Falls, Mahabaleshwar Reviews
A visit to Mahabaleshwar is less or more incomplete without witnessing the tantalizing descend of the Chinaman's fall, one of the most significant falls in the state. The place is named after the Chinese prison located in the vicinity. It serves as a perfect holidaying spot enthralling a bewitching experience
Directions provided to go there led us to some hotel premises, so either the map is wrongly marked or the place doesn't exist
You have to walk alot to reach this place. It's ok place.
On way to mahabaleeshwar. Dry during summer season until monsoon.
Location on map is incorrect
All QuestionsChinaman's falls
- Centro Socio Pastorale
- A.Re.Fa. SRL
- Baie Del Salento
- Diocesi Di Ugento - S.M. Di Leuca
- Santuario Santa Marina Vergine
- Mare Vostrum, Isola Di Albarella
- Campeggio Vittoria
- La Margherita
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Di P. Brazzalotto & C
- Malibù Di Porzionato Giuseppe & C. SNC
- Parrocchia S. Antonio
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Cartolibreria
- Villaggio Turistico Rosapineta