Elephants Head PointCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Beyond Lodwick point, Mahabaleshwar, Satara, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1800229930
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, Trail, View Point, Family And Kids, Valley, Nature
Elephants Head Point - Review
A point with unmatched peace and quiet and surreal natural beauty is what Elphinstone’s point is all about. With the lush greenery and mind blowing nature to marvel at, the rock formations here are set in a way that appears to be like an elephant’s trunk.
The place gets its name from the times of the British Raj, after the Governor of Bombay, Sir Mount Elphinstone. It is believed to have been founded by Dr. Murray in 1930 and has an old mansion in its vicinity. The mansion now lies in ruins and local authorities are planning to demolish to erect a picnic shed in its place for tourists. The Elphinstone Point offers a panoramic view of the Pratapgarh Fort, with the Koyna Valley to one side and the Savitri Valley to the other.
Enjoy spectacular views of the Sayhadri range from here, sandy patches perfectly offsetting the lush greenery that surrounds Mahabaleshwar. Soak in the sun, carry a picnic and make the most of the beautiful sunrises and sunsets here. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Mahabaleshwar Itinerary 3 Days.
Elephants Head Point Information
- Local guides are available but they might trick you into paying more, so beware of those.
- Carry your camera if you enjoy photography, this place has lot in store.
- Do not go overboard in your excitement and peep or walk down the cliffs.
How To reach Elephants Head Point by Public Transport
- Local sightseeing bus
- Private tourist’s bus
- Rented taxi or private cars
Restaurants Near Elephants Head Point
- stalls serving strawberry and cream, Corn tossed in butter.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mahabaleshwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mahabaleshwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Elephants Head Point
95% of people who visit Mahabaleshwar include Elephants Head Point in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
57.35% of people start their Elephants Head Point visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Elephants Head Point
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Elephants Head Point