How to Reach Mahabaleshwar
- By Plane: The nearest airports are Mumbai and Pune. Both the airports are frequented with number of international as well as domestic flights.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is Pune or Satara- the district place of Mahabaleshwar. All the major cities of India are connected to Pune and Satara by railways.
- By Road: There are uncountable public and private buses that will take you to Mahabaleshwar from all the major cities of Maharashtra. The buses are available in AC, sleeper coaches and are frequent enough.
- The NH4 highway that leads to Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai is well constructed and maintained for a Car ride. Rented taxis, private or drive-yourself cars are also recommended to get here.
- By Bus: The MTDC provided local buses for sightseeing in and around Mahabaleshwar. These buses are extremely cheap and good enough to get around the place. There are also private tourist buses to get around which might be slightly expensive and more comfortable than the public buses.
- By Car: Private cars, rented taxis, drive-yourself rented cars are probably the best option to get around if you are ready to bear the slightly more expense. This will not only add comfort to your ride but you will also be able to divide the time on the attractions as per your choice. The roads are well constructed and directions are easy to find.