About Panchgani, Mahabaleshwar
Panchgani, Mahabaleshwar - Address
Address: Panchgani, Satara
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 30.2K times in trip plans
Mountain, Village, View Point, Family And Kids, Valley, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Panchgani - which derives its name from the five hills that surround it and is adorned with some old British and Parsi homes makes it look like any little town from Europe and this cozy hilly town has a lot in store. Panchagni is the quintessential residential hill station with an old world charm. A place famous for its convent and boarding schools, the education standard of Panchgani is renowned in the entire country.
Panchgani derives its names from the five or 'panch' hills around it. At an altitude of 1334 m it is just 38 m below Mahabaleshwar. These 38 m translate themselves into a breathtaking 18 km approach offering heart-stopping views of the Krishna River on the one side and the coastal plains on the other.
Then you amble along the walkways thickly canopied by lush trees and vegetation and delight in the secrets you stumble upon. The Krishna snakes through tiny hamlets, farms and ravines hundreds of meters below. From Table Land, a flat mountain top, you look down in wonder at the coastal plains.
The next day you're astride your faithful horse as it canters along uncharted routes through hidden lovers' lanes to Kamalgad Fort. The Parsi point is also a place noteworthy.
Hours can be spent at the bazaar; Panchgani is one of those rare places that doesn't crowd anyone yet in its own unhurried way deeply touches every visitor.
- Guided tour buses are available.
- The bus from Mahabaleshwar will take you to the guide of this town.
- Various staying options are also available if you want to spend your night in Panchgani.
- Shopping at the Kashmir emporium can be fun.
- Look out for the specialty of toasted and seasoned nuts.
How To reach Panchgani by Public Transport
- Local sightseeing bus, private tourist’s bus, rented taxi or private cars.
Restaurants Near Panchgani
- Lucky bakery-chicken burger
- Roach and sons- jeera butter and cream rolls
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mahabaleshwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mahabaleshwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Panchgani, Mahabaleshwar Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Bella Vista Resort
- Castle Rock Point
- Ishwar Inn Resort
- Monkey Point
- Cheese Factory
- Saj Resort
- Pratap Heritage
- Market Mahabaleshwar
- Meghdoot Restaurant
- Hotel Sangam Executive
- Mahabaleshwar Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Mahabaleshwar
- What to See in 48 Hours in Mahabaleshwar
- What to See in 72 Hours in Mahabaleshwar
- How to Spend 5 Days in Mahabaleshwar
- How to Spend 6 Days in Mahabaleshwar
- How to Spend 7 Days in Mahabaleshwar