- Address: Panchgani, Satara, Mahabaleshwar, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Village, View Point, Family And Kids, Valley, Nature
Panchgani - which derives its name from the five hills that surround it and is adorned with some old British and Parsi homes makes it look like any little town from Europe and this cozy hilly town has a lot in store. Panchagni is the quintessential residential hill station with an old world charm. A place famous for its convent and boarding schools, the education standard of Panchgani is renowned in the entire country.
Panchgani derives its names from the five or 'panch' hills around it. At an altitude of 1334 m it is just 38 m below Mahabaleshwar. These 38 m translate themselves into a breathtaking 18 km approach offering heart-stopping views of the Krishna River on the one side and the coastal plains on the other.
Then you amble along the walkways thickly canopied by lush trees and vegetation and delight in the secrets you stumble upon. The Krishna snakes through tiny hamlets, farms and ravines hundreds of meters below. From Table Land, a flat mountain top, you look down in wonder at the coastal plains.
The next day you're astride your faithful horse as it canters along uncharted routes through hidden lovers' lanes to Kamalgad Fort. The Parsi point is also a place noteworthy.
Hours can be spent at the bazaar; Panchgani is one of those rare places that doesn't crowd anyone yet in its own unhurried way deeply touches every visitor. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Mahabaleshwar Itinerary 3 Days.
Panchgani Travel Tips
- Guided tour buses are available.
- The bus from Mahabaleshwar will take you to the guide of this town.
- Various staying options are also available if you want to spend your night in Panchgani.
- Shopping at the Kashmir emporium can be fun.
- Look out for the specialty of toasted and seasoned nuts.
How to Reach Panchgani
- Local sightseeing bus, private tourist’s bus, rented taxi or private cars.
- Lucky bakery-chicken burger
- Roach and sons- jeera butter and cream rolls
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mahabaleshwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mahabaleshwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Mahabaleshwar include Panchgani in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
65.92% of people start their Panchgani visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Panchgani
92.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Panchgani