How to Reach Maheshwar
- By Air: The nearest airport to Maheshwar is the Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport which is located at a distance of roughly 91 kilometers in Indore. From here, you can take a train or rent a car to get to Maheshwar.
- By Train: The nearest railhead to Maheshwar is a Barwaha. The major and second nearest station to Maheshwar is at Indore which is connected to most of the major stations in the country.
- By Bus: The Madhya Pradesh Transport Board has many buses running intra state to Maheshwar. You can otherwise take a private bus upon reaching Bhopal or Indore to get to Maheshwar.
- By Car: You can get in by travelling 13 kilometers east of NH 3(Mumbai-Agra Highway).
- By Auto: The only prominent public transport that can be used to get around in Maheshwar is Auto Rickshaws.
- By Car: You can rent a car from Bhopal or Indore and use it to drive in Maheshwar, although the traffic is not what you would expect here and it can get a little difficult for you to drive. The best deal is to also hire a taxi with a driver.
- On foot: The best way to explore Maheshwar is to get around on foot and see everything that it has to offer to you.