Rajrajeshwar TempleCurrently Open
- Address: Rajrajeshwar Temple, Maheshwar, Madhya Pradesh 451224, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Rajrajeshwar Temple - Review
Rajrajeshwar Temple is another great example of simplistic architecture during the time of Ahilyabai Holkar. Situated very close to the Ahilya Fort and also to the Narmada Ghat, the feeling of devotion comes almost at an instant as soon as you step inside the temple. The association of Maheshwar with temples is very old and the aartis here are extremely lively. The ghat nearby somewhat reminds you of the famous ghat in Varanasi and is a definite must visit.
Rajrajeshwar Temple Information
- Take care your belongings.
Rajrajeshwar Temple Ticket Prices
- Find out from the main priest if you wish to donate.
Rajrajeshwar Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- Find out the aarti timings from the locals.
How To reach Rajrajeshwar Temple by Public Transport
- Take a rickshaw.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Maheshwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Maheshwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Rajrajeshwar Temple
95% of people who visit Maheshwar include Rajrajeshwar Temple in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.66% of people start their Rajrajeshwar Temple visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Rajrajeshwar Temple
78.79% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rajrajeshwar Temple
Rajrajeshwar Temple Map
Rajrajeshwar Temple Trips
Rajrajeshwar Temple, Maheshwar Reviews
Maheshwar is considered as a religous and spiritual place where is an existences of number of temples including this Rajrajeshwar temple, but I would rather consider this as a place to enjoy with your friends and family and a place to spend time, since it has great views of Ghats, ancient structures and a quality place.
Maheshwar is a 4,000 year old town in Madhya Pradesh, India the image of the Ahilya Fort is reflected in the river Narmada below. The city is mentioned in Hindu epics, Mahabharta and Ramayana also but the name of the city in these epics is 'Mahishmati'. Akbar built the fort in the year 1601. In the 18 th century, Maharani Ahilya Bai became the queen of Holkar Dynasty. She built many temples and buildings. The Ghats of the city in the river Narmada below are named after the dynasties like Peshwa Ghat, Fanase Ghat, Ahilya Ghat. The magnificent fort houses an archaeological museum that displays antiques and different possessions of Holkar Dynasty. Temples of Maheshwar are famous for the unique balconies. temples here also have intricately crafted walls. there is an exceptionally carved doorway. Kaleshwara Temple, Rajarajeshwara Temple, Akhileshwara Temple and Vithaleshwara Temple are the most known temples. The meaning of Maheshwar is the 'Abode or Lord Shiva' and has a special significance to devotees of Shiva.
At present, the Raj Rajeshwar temple is in the form of a pagoda, where 11 unbroken lamps have been burning for many centuries, and are never exhausted by any half, storm, rain, flood, war etc. It is believed that this monastery is the Samadhi Mandir of Arjuna. The birth anniversary of Arjuna is celebrated with great enthusiasm in Maheshwar, this three-day festival begins with the Shukla Saptami of Agahan month and ends with great food
A must see temple within Maheswar fort. The temple was dedicated to Sri Karthya Veerarjuna having Thousand hands. Said to be Avatar of Sudarshan Chakra, weapon of Sri Maha Vishnu. Small temple, but worth visit.
Nice place to spend
All QuestionsRajrajeshwar temple
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal