How to Reach Mainz
HOW TO GET TO MAINZ
- By Air: The closest airport from Mainz is at Frankfurt. There are shuttle and train services to reach the city, which is about 30 minutes away from the airport. The other airports near the city are at Hahn Airport (10 min drive), Cologne-Bonn Airport (1 hr 52 min drive to Mainz)
- By Train: Although Mainz has several train stations, the one catering to long distance journeys is the Mainz Hauptbahnhof station. Mainz Römisches Theatre is another important station that serves the regional trains.
- By Boat: If you are wondering how to reach Mainz on waters, there are cruises towards the city from Cologne or Koblenz.
- By Car: In case you are traveling by car, note down the following routes in your trip planner; A60 from Lille, Charleroi and Liege; A61 from Koblenz, Bad Kreuznach, Worms; A63 from Kaiserslautern; A66 from Fulda, Frankfurt am Main.
- By Bus: There are many buses that connect Maine, usually halting at Hauptbahnhof.
HOW TO GET AROUND MAINZ
- By Bus: Bus services help you to get around the outskirts of the city and until Frankfurt airport.
- By Train: Local train services run around the city, forming the easiest way for commuting. The Rheinland-Pfalz-Ticket allows free local-train commuting for up to five people around the states of Rhineland-Palatinate, Wiesbaden and Saarland. The ticket for one passenger per day is EUR 24 while it costs an additional EUR 4 for extra passengers (up to 4). Another such ticket, Hessenticket allows travelling at EUR 32 (Doesn’t include all of Rhineland-Palatinate).
- On Foot: The town centre can be covered on foot from Mainz Haufbahnhof. Don’t forget to add a town map to your travel guide while strolling around.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Mainz. The most preferred mode of transport in Mainz is Working from Home.
Average distance: 1 km Average time: 13 min
Walking 50%Walking 13 min Overall average time for 1 kms 13 min