Landes Museum299 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Große Bleiche 49-51, 55116 Mainz, Germany Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-613128570
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Museums, History Museums
This is art and history museum is one of Germany’s oldest. The connection here was started in 1803 when Napoleon and Chaptal donated paintings to the city. The collection, though not the most popular, is extremely well presented. That alone makes the museum worthwhile. The collections are divided as follows:
- The prehistoric and Roman department – a 23000 year old statue.
- Prince Johann Georg Collection - Byzantine and Egyptian relics.
- The medieval department.
- The Renaissance painting department.
- Baroque paintings, sculptures and furniture.
- 18th and 19th century paintings - contains one painting by Pablo Picasso.
- A medieval Jewish gravestone section.
- A collection of art nouveau glass and Hoechst porcelain.
Landes Museum Travel Tips
- iPhone users can download the Museum app for visitor information, an audio guide and interactive room maps.
- There is an audio guide for the visually impaired.
- Disabled accessible; wheelchair on loan.
- Check out the museum shop and the museum bistro.
Entrance Ticket Details For Landes Museum
- EUR 5 for students, retirees, military duty, community service, unemployed, disabled.
- EUR 3 for 6-18 years old.
- Free for under 6.
- Check the website for further price details.
How to Reach Landes Museum
- Tram 50, 51, and 52 at Munsterplatz.
- Burger King
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mainz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mainz and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Landes Museum Address: Große Bleiche 49-51, 55116 Mainz, Germany
- Landes Museum Contact Number: +49-613128570
- Landes Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Landes Museum Price: 6 EUR
- Best time to visit Landes Museum(preferred time): 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Landes Museum: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
45.3% of people who visit Mainz include Landes Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
52.31% of people start their Landes Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Landes Museum
92.06% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Landes Museum
People normally club together Specht and Gutenberg-Museum Mainz while planning their visit to Landes Museum.