Mainz Cathedral, Mainz
About Mainz Cathedral, Mainz
Mainz Cathedral, Mainz - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Markt 10, 55116 Mainz, Germany
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 6.6K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Museum, Walking Area, Historical Site, Monument, Statue, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This mighty Romanesque Roman Catholic cathedral is 1000 years old, though it did burn down seven times over the course of the centuries. It famously contains old funeral monuments and works of art spanning the last millennium. It is mostly constructed of sandstone. Over the years seven Gothic and Baroque additions were made. Amazingly the cathedral survived the WWII Allied bombings of Mainz. The highlights are as follows:
- The two chancels.
- The high main nave.
- The Gothic the corrective chapels and their windows.
- Rococo car stalls Kia Chayanne.
- The cathedral crypt which is 1000 years old, and contains a gourd reliquary.
- altar to the Virgin Mary in the Ketteler Chapel.
Also inside the cathedral is the diocese museum, which contains works of religious art such as paintings and sculptures from the last two thousand years. These include medieval stone monuments, a gallery of 60 religious masterpiece paintings, and the chapel of St. Nicolas.
Mainz Cathedral Information
- Food and drinks not allowed.
- Smoking not allowed.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Shorts miniskirts hats not allowed.
- Filming and photography only for private purposes.
Mainz Cathedral Ticket Prices
- EUR 3.50 age of 60, pupils, students, military and civil service, unemployed, disabled people with ID, groups of 10 people.
- Free for Children under 8, students of art history at the Universities of Mainz and Frankfurt, ICOM members.
Mainz Cathedral Opening and Closing Hours
- Tue to Sat 09:00 am to 05:00 pm.
- Sun 11:00 am to 03:00 pm.
Restaurants Near Mainz Cathedral
- Aposto Mainz GmbH
- Cafe Extrablatt
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mainz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mainz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Mainz Cathedral, Mainz Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Neuapostolische Kirche
- Top Hotel Hammer
- Weinstube Hottum
- Hotel Atrium
- Zur Kanzel
- Hyatt Regency
- Mainz Cathedral
- Mainz Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Mainz
- What to See in 48 Hours in Mainz
- What to See in 72 Hours in Mainz
- How to Spend 5 Days in Mainz
- How to Spend 6 Days in Mainz
- How to Spend 7 Days in Mainz