Museum Of Ancient ShipbuildingCurrently Open
- Address: Neutorstraße 2b, 55116 Mainz, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-6131286630
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Educational Site, Specialty Museums
In the early 1980s, when some construction work near the Rhine turned up some old Roman ships, it led to the building of this museum. Today it is dedicated to the history of shipbuilding, from Stone Age to Roman times. The highlights of this museum are:
- Five ancient Roman ships.
- To true scale reproductions of Roman ships.
- A workshop there visitors can see workers rebuild old ship models.
- A children’s action area where they can research, investigate and play.
The staff is very friendly and will answer most of your questions.
- Ristorante da Vito
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mainz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mainz and book an accommodation of your choice.
57.42% of people who visit Mainz include Museum Of Ancient Shipbuilding in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
50.98% of people start their Museum Of Ancient Shipbuilding visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Museum Of Ancient Shipbuilding
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of Ancient Shipbuilding