Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum103 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ernst-Ludwig-Platz 2, 55116 Mainz, Germany Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-0613191240
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Science Museums, Educational Site, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Mall, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site , Specialty Museums
This historical and archaeological museum studies the old world or the wood as we knew it before the discovery of the Americas. It is as much a research Institute as a museum. The museum is divided into seven departments such as:
- The Roman age department - that follows various Roman provinces.
- Late antiquity and early medieval ages department - over 3000 exhibits North African tableware, Byzantine gold jewellery and so on.
- The prehistory department, which is as of 2015 going through some renovation. It is now closed for now.
Make sure you see the 1800 year old Sundial, which is a museum treasure.
Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum Travel Tips
- There is parking very close to the museum.
- Wheelchair accessible so long you call ahead.
Entrance Ticket Details For Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum
- There may be charges for special exhibitions.
How to Reach Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum
- Bus lines 6, 6, 64, 65, 99 to the stop Bauhofstraße / LRP Landesbank.
- Deutschhaus Mainz
- 50 Grad
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mainz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mainz and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum Address: Ernst-Ludwig-Platz 2, 55116 Mainz, Germany
- Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum Contact Number: +49-0613191240
- Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
15.61% of people who visit Mainz include Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
38.46% of people start their Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum
90.24% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum
People normally club together Museum Wiesbaden and Roman Aqueduct while planning their visit to Romisch-germanisches Zentralmuseum.