St. Augustine's Church, Mainz
St. Augustine's Church, Mainz - Address, Phone Number
Address: Augustinerstrasse 34, 55116 Mainz, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 4.9K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Landmark, Restaurant, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Town, Arts And Crafts, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About St. Augustine's Church, Mainz
The magnificent facade of this church will draw you in. Until 1802 there used to be a monastery here. Most tourists seem to accidentally stumble across this Baroque church. Without noisy crowd this may be the cities most serene church. It is so ornately decorated that every corner is a work of art. It’s murals, sculptures, frescoes and inlay work are all very well regarded. The highlights of this church are:
- Coronation of the Virgin sculpture on the façade by Nikolaus Binterim.
- Mary with baby Jesus, a sculpture from 1420.
- The large and bright ceiling frescoes showing the life of the Father of the Church, Augustine.
- The large divided organ from 1773.
St. Augustine's Church Opening and Closing Hours
- Saturday and Sunday opening hours may vary.
- During the university semester Thursday Mass is at 6:15 PM.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mainz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mainz and book an accommodation of your choice.
St. Augustine's Church Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Mainz