St. Augustine's ChurchCurrently Closed
- Address: Augustinerstrasse 34, 55116 Mainz, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-061312660
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Landmark, Restaurant, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Town, Arts And Crafts, Cathedral
The magnificent facade of this church will draw you in. Until 1802 there used to be a monastery here. Most tourists seem to accidentally stumble across this Baroque church. Without noisy crowd this may be the cities most serene church. It is so ornately decorated that every corner is a work of art. It’s murals, sculptures, frescoes and inlay work are all very well regarded. The highlights of this church are:
- Coronation of the Virgin sculpture on the façade by Nikolaus Binterim.
- Mary with baby Jesus, a sculpture from 1420.
- The large and bright ceiling frescoes showing the life of the Father of the Church, Augustine.
- The large divided organ from 1773.
- Saturday and Sunday opening hours may vary.
- During the university semester Thursday Mass is at 6:15 PM.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mainz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mainz and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Mainz include St. Augustine's Church in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
55.14% of people start their St. Augustine's Church visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. Augustine's Church
74.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Augustine's Church