Makati City Tourism
A familiar deja vu hits you the minute you enter Makati. Oddly reminiscent of Singapore, Makati shines bright in the map of Manila. One of the sixteen units that make this magnanimous metropolis, Makati is better known as the financial nerve center of Manila. But there’s much more to this city than just that. Visitors come here to get their dose of glistening skyscrapers, chaotic yet rhythmic frenzy and the fast paced trance of a business district. What they are pleasantly surprised to find is small pockets of nature, culture and history that add character to the otherwise tired and mundane skyline.Relish variety of things to do in Makati city.
Essential travel information and Makati City tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +8hours. No daylight saving time is observed.
- Currency: Philippine Peso
- Electricity: 220 Volts, 60 HZ. Power sockets A, B, C.
- Internet: Philippines has one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Many ISP are available, Wifi is available at high-end hotels.
- Language: Filipino and English.
- Emergency Contacts: 911
- Tipping: Optional at restaurants, coffee shops and bars. Recommended to bellman at the hotel. Appreciated everywhere.
Safety tips and Local Customs:
- Beware of pickpockets.
- Avoid travelling alone at night.
- Take proper vaccinations and always carry mosquito repellents on your visit.
- Avoid eating on the streets, never buy cut fruits and drink water from packaged bottles.
Makati City Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Makati City. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Makati City trip planner.