Castillo De Gibralfaro1957 Votes Currently Open
- Address: CMNO GIBRALFARO 11, 29016 Málaga, 29016, Malaga, Spain
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-952227230
- Ticket Price: 2 EUR
- Tags: Landmark, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Military Area , Landmarks, Buildings And Structures
Dating back to the 10th Century and used as a military base till 1925, the Castle of Gibralfaro has enjoyed a significant role in Spain’s history. The castle looks over Malaga like a lighthouse and offers some unforgettable views of the city.
The castle is one of the last remaining symbol of Malaga’s Islamic heritage and a visit to the on-site museum will explain much about its importance from the military standpoint. Visitors are sure to enjoy a walk via the scenic Paseo Don Juan de Temboury that is dotted with lush green terraces and incredible views.
Castillo De Gibralfaro Travel Tips
- There is a kiosk serving cold drinks and refreshments at the bus stop .
- Inside the Gibralfaro you can find toilets.
Entrance Ticket Details For Castillo De Gibralfaro
- Joint ticket Alcazaba & Gibralfaro: 3.55 euros
- Reduced: 0.60 euro
- Free entry Sundays after 2pm.
How to Reach Castillo De Gibralfaro
- Nearest bus stop: Camino de Gibralfaro (Parador Nacional) (bus number 35)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Malaga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Malaga and book an accommodation of your choice.
74.16% of people who visit Malaga include Castillo De Gibralfaro in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
39.39% of people start their Castillo De Gibralfaro visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Castillo De Gibralfaro
76.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castillo De Gibralfaro