How to Reach Malaga, Spain
The Easiest Way to Reach Malaga
HOW TO GET TO MALAGA
- BY AIR: Malaga has the fourth largest airport in Spain. The city is the transport hub for the Costa del Sol region and because of this, it has excellent connectivity to centres across Europe. There are many budget flights to Malaga from all around the continent. There are convenient options to reach from the airport to the city centre. You can get a train, bus or taxi into town. Renting a car at Malaga’s airport is relatively cheap, but it is advisable to book in advance.
- BY TRAIN: The railway station is situated just a kilometre away from the city centre. There are high speed trains from Malaga that take travellers to Madrid in 2.5 hours, Cordoba in one hour and Seville in a couple of hours. There are also options of slower trains available.
- BY BUS: The bus centre too is conveniently located close to the city centre. There are a number of buses running to and from all over Spain and especially the Costa del Sol region. The Muelle Heredia bus station handles the buses that serve the nearby province.
HOW TO GET AROUND MALAGA
- BY TAXI: Malaga has a good network of taxis that serve the whole town. You can even easily do day tours from Malaga to the nearby towns in a taxi. However, do keep in mind that there are many streets in the city centre that are pedestrian only. Taxi drivers here are far less scrupulous than the rest of Spain and will try to rip you off if you are not careful.
- BY BIKE: Malaga is a delightful city for cycling around. There are dedicated bicycle lanes and lots of good bike rental facilities around the city. You can even take a guided bike tour in Malaga that takes you around all the tourist attractions in the city.
- ON FOOT: Malaga is an ideal city for the aimless wanderer; the cobbled streets and narrow alleys beckon you to explore the city centre on foot. Most of the tourist sites are located close to each other, in the city centre. There are guided walking tours that explore this southern gem of a city on foot.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Malaga and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Malaga
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Malaga. The most preferred mode of transport in Malaga is Car.
Average distance: 9.82 km Average time: 27.07 min
Car 53.33%Driving 16.25 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 12.81 kms 18.25 min
Bike 6.67%Bike 5 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 3 kms 6 min
Walking 26.67%Walking 38 min Bus 2.5 min Driving 2.5 min Train 1.25 min Waiting 1.25 min Overall average time for 3.75 kms 45.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.67%Bus 35 min Waiting 8 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 17 kms 45 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Malaga
- How to reach Torremolinos
- How to reach Villanueva De La Concepción
- How to reach Marbella
- How to reach Ronda
- How to reach Granada
- How to reach Cordoba
- How to reach Jerez
- How to reach Seville
- How to reach Cadiz
- How to Reach Top Cities in Spain
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Madrid
- How to reach Toledo
- How to reach Santiago De Compostela
- How to reach Salamanca
- How to reach Zaragoza
- How to reach Villanueva De Castellón
- How to reach Torredonjimeno
- How to reach Calle Burgos
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Midhurst
- How to reach Hooks
- How to reach Reutov