Museo Carmen Thyssen MalagaCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Calle Compañía, 10, 29008 Málaga, Spain, 29008, Malaga
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-902303131
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Art Gallery, Family And Kids, Social, Arts, Museums, Landmarks
A museum with a rich collection of paintings by artistes all around the world, the Carmen Thyssen Museum holds some of the finest artworks in the whole of Spain. It has more than 200 artworks on display including some celebrated Spainish artistes. Located in a dreamy 16th century building, Villalon Palace , the museum is truly a delight for any art connoisseur.
- Audioguide available in Spanish, English, French, German and Italian.
- Guided tours start at 12 noon and 1 pm (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)for the permanent and temporary exhibition respectively.
- Reduced price ticket: 2.5€
- Combined ticket for permanent collection and temporary exhibition: General - 9€, Reduced- 5€
- Nearest bus stop: Pasillo de Santa Isabel (bus number 2,17,20,30,36)
- Nearest Metro: Metro de Costura
- La Barbacana
- Cafe Central Malaga
- Pizza Porcion
- Restaurante Alea Malaga
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Malaga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Malaga and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.45% of people who visit Malaga include Museo Carmen Thyssen Malaga in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
54.55% of people start their Museo Carmen Thyssen Malaga visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Museo Carmen Thyssen Malaga
93.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museo Carmen Thyssen Malaga
Thoroughly enjoyed the variety of exhibitions today. Staff were helpful and friendly. Information was interesting and clearly displayed. Look forward to seeing the permanent exhibitions again and a new temporary one. Lovely experience.
Wonderful museum in the center of Màlaga! We didn't know about this museum and it was suggested to us by our host! The collection is wonderful! All the impressionism and post-impressionism of Spain plus modern artists! A huge collection of beautiful works! Very happy to having discovered it! Highly recommended to anyone who loves art and paintings!
Pleasantly surprised to by this exhibition of Spanish masters. Particularly enjoyed how these classics are displayed in a relatively modern setting. The building was nice to walk through. A joy for all to see and not as insanely busy as other museums/galleries in the city.
Nice museum . Probably free on Sundays like a lot of other places in Malaga. Carmen was Miss Spain in 1961. Married into money hence the nice art collection.
Definitely one of the highlights of Malaga. Beautiful building, do not miss the nice terasse on top.