Museum Of Glass And CrystalCurrently Closed
- Address: Plazuela Santisimo Cristo de la Sangre, 2 | Frente a la Iglesia San Felipe Neri, 29012 Malaga, Spain
- Timings: 11:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-952220271
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
Exhibiting some 700 pieces of glass, this recently opened museum is a visitor’s delight. There are some interesting pieces that date back to the Phoenician times. Furnished like a private home, there is a truly Spanish feel in the air. A rare gem that thrives in being intimate, this museum was the brainchild of owner Gonzalo Fernandez-Prieto.
There’s a collection marking distinct historical eras with period furniture to complement it. Ancient Civilisations - Egyptian, Phoenician, GrecoRoman, Byzantine and Islamic are well represented and displayed beautifully.
- The Museum has a ramp, a lift, a walking frame, a wheelchair (if requested in advance), and modified toilet facilities for those who need them.
- All visits are guided, for which there is no additional charge. Visits last for about an hour, and are conducted in Spanish, English, French, and Italian.
- Reduced 3€: Those over 65 years of age, children from 7 to 12 years and groups of 10 or more.
- Free : Children of 6 years and under, members of ICOM, accredited journalists and friends of the Museum.
- Nearest bus stop: Carretería (Alamos) (bus number 36).
- Restaurante El Duende
- Vino Mio
- La Reina Zingara
- Meson de Cervantes
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Malaga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Malaga and book an accommodation of your choice.
43.05% of people who visit Malaga include Museum Of Glass And Crystal in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
56.85% of people start their Museum Of Glass And Crystal visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Museum Of Glass And Crystal
81.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Museum Of Glass And Crystal
Fantastic musem! The ticket includes a guided tour which was great! Very interesting! Would go there again.
Very interesting collection, beautiful house and wonderful guided tour. Highly recommended! Thank you Mariva
The guide exceeded all possible expectations. You will definitely love his stories based on the real history!
Difficult to locate but a nice place. Excellent collection especially when you realise that it belongs to a single owner. Person guiding us ( Oscar) was too good
Very enjoyable tour of a lovely tried home containing a wealth of furniture and glass from so many decades... It was fascinating to hear about the history of the house, it's owners and its contents