Grand Friday MosqueCurrently Open
- Address: Ibrahimee Magu, Corner of Medhuziyaarai Magu, Male, Maldives
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Landmark, Family And Kids, Architecture
The biggest mosque in Maldives, housing a whooping 5000 people at one time, the Grand Friday Mosque is truly a matter of pride for Maldivians. The Islamic Centre nearby has been witness to many landmark meetings like the SAARC meeting.
The stunning architecture of the mosque attracts many connoisseurs and devotees alike. The shining golden tomb of the mosque is visible from the azure blue skyline of Male.
The interior is carved with intricate woodwork and Arabic Calligraphy.
It is also known as “Masjid-al Sultan Mohamed Thakurufaanu-al-Azam”.
- Conservative dressing is encouraged.
- Sarongs are supplied outside the mosque at no charge but a tip to the attendant is expected.
- Tourists not allowed at prayer times.
- Do enquire about visiting schedule as the mosque does not allow visitors during prayer times.
- High Court Bus Station
- Sultan Park Bus Station
- Seagull Cafe
- Thai Wok
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Male before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Male and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Male include Grand Friday Mosque in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
29.39% of people start their Grand Friday Mosque visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Grand Friday Mosque
70.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Grand Friday Mosque