How to Reach Male, Maldives
The Easiest Way to Reach Male
HOW TO GET TO MALE
- By Air: Male International airport is quite well connected and has most facilities that a traveller would require. The city is linked by daily scheduled flights to Male from cities like Colombo, Qatar, Dubai and Trivandrum and less frequently with Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Vienna and Moscow. Book early so that you can save on your travels by booking early-bird cheap flights to Male. Most visitors are met by the representatives of their respective hotels on the airport who then transfer them either speedboat or airplane to their resorts. Book your transfers in advance with the hotel. There are independent travel agencies on the airport that can help with your further connections by booking you on a Male cruise or speed boat to your hotel. Facilities outside the airport include free showers (bring soap and towel), a basic but cheap cafe, an overpriced but air-conditioned restaurant and a Move n pick ice cream shop.
- By Boat: Safari-boat operators will normally pick up new passengers from the airport or Male’, and ferry them directly to the boat. This is also the best place to charter a ‘dhoni’ for a day trip. Boats to Hulhumale’, which is the reclaimed island for Male, located on the other side of the airport island, depart from the brand-new ferry terminal east of the airport ferry dock.
HOW TO GET AROUND MALE
- By Foot: Occupying an area less than two square kilometers, walking is by far the easiest and most convenient way to get around. It is also the best way to see most Male tourist attractions.
- By Taxi: There is a small fleet of taxis that charge a flat rate plus more per bag. Most places to see in Male are located close-by to each other, so hiring a cab won’t be necessary.
- By Boat: The city authorities have been developing a new area called Hulhumale, which can be reached via a 20 to 30 minutes ferry. Hulhumale has fast become one of the must-visit places in Male.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Male and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Male
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Male. The most preferred mode of transport in Male is Walking.
Average distance: 3.75 km Average time: 35 min
Walking 50%Walking 30 min Waiting 20 min Bus 10 min Overall average time for 2.5 kms 60 min
Motorbike 50%Motorbike 10 min Overall average time for 5 kms 10 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Male
- How to reach Maamigili
- How to reach Naifaru
- How to reach Velidhoo
- How to reach Manadhoo
- How to reach Maalhendhoo
- How to reach Funadhoo
- How to reach Milandhoo
- How to reach Maldives
- How to reach Hanimaadhoo
- How to Reach Top Cities in Maldives
- How to reach Hulhumale Post Office
- How to reach Hithadhoo
- How to reach Gaafaru
- How to reach Guraidhoo
- How to reach Fehendhoo
- How to reach Dhigurah
- How to reach Rasdhoo
- How to reach Kulhudhuffushi
- How to reach Viligili
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Garnett Settlement
- How to reach Pauline
- How to reach Cezarina