A favourite hideout of the who’s who of Hollywood, Malibu, the gorgeous neighborhoodlike of Los Angeles is a gem of a place for more reason than one. Apart from proximity to Californian hotspots like Los Angeles, Santa Monica and Washington, it is its gorgeous weather all around the year, that makes it a no brainer to get up and go to Malibu. Of course, your likes and dislikes may further determine the best time to visit Malibu. While summer has lots of festivals including some amazing food festivals, winter is when all the surfers head to Malibu’s beaches for the ultimate waves.
Checking into one of the many accommodations Malibu spoils you for choice, is a great way to explore the city’s attractions and points of interests. You may choose your pick from AirBnBs that will surprise you with their palatial characteristics, some even overlooking the sea, family friendly motels or absolute indulgence at the many luxury resorts doting the coastal road. Points of interest cover a wide array of attractions; from museums, to beaches soaked in nature’s wonders, there is plenty to do in this beachside city where doing nothing could possibly be “the” thing!
Malibu Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Malibu tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Pacific Time Zone; UTC-08:00
- Currency: US Dollar
- Electricity and Internet- The voltage is 120 V/ 60 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: English is the official language Malibu. Spanish is spoken too.
- Security: Dial 911 for police, ambulance, or fire
- Tipping: Although not customary, tipping is appreciated as a form of gratuity.