Convict Lake, Mammoth Lakes
About Convict Lake, Mammoth Lakes
Convict Lake, Mammoth Lakes - Address
Address: Convict Lake, Mammoth Lakes, CA, USA
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 118 times in trip plans
Outdoors, Waterfront, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Lake
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Usually when a mountain lake is this dramatically beautiful it is also hard to access. This is practically at the doorstep of the Mammoth Yosemite Airport. The lake of crystal clear waters is named for an 1871 event when some convicts escaped, and Robert Morrison was killed fighting them at Convict Creek. The nearby Mount Morrison is named after him. The activities here are straightforward. You may fish for Rainbow trout, German brown trout, and sucker fish in the water. Take a boat, canoe, kayak or float tube out into the water from the marina. You can hike the trail circling the lake. For accommodation, there is both a resort and a campground. Try the continental cuisine at the restaurant at Convict Lake.
Convict Lake Information
- The ice is too thin to tread at this lake.
How To reach Convict Lake by Public Transport
- Drive or bike to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mammoth Lakes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mammoth Lakes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Convict Lake, Mammoth Lakes Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel
- Motel 6
- Consolidated Gold Mine
- Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa
- Juniper Springs Resort
- Travelodge Mammoth Lakes
- The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth
- High Sierra Jeep Adventures
- Minaret Cinemas
- Mammoth Lakes Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Mammoth Lakes
- What to See in 48 Hours in Mammoth Lakes
- What to See in 72 Hours in Mammoth Lakes
- How to Spend 5 Days in Mammoth Lakes
- How to Spend 6 Days in Mammoth Lakes
- How to Spend 7 Days in Mammoth Lakes