With over 45 miles worth of coast, this 12 miles long and 5 miles wide man made reservoir lake sees some intense fishing activity in the first days of opening season. The reason? This lake has some of the biggest trout worth catching in the entire state. Fully equipped with amenities such as marinas, boat rentals, restaurants, RV sites, and a tackle shop, the lake is angler heaven in the summer. The first half of the season sees general fishing rules, the second have functions under catch-and-release. Even if you don’t fish, the lake has some fantastic picnicking and sunrise watching spots. The lake is also a brilliant spot for bird watching, with literally hundreds of species and millions and birds seen annually.
Crowley Lake Travel Tips
- It is mandatory to access the lake through Crowley Lake Fish Camp.
Entrance Ticket Details For Crowley Lake
- Check the Crowley Lake Fish camp website for extensive fishing, rental, parking and camping fees information.
Crowley Lake Hours
- Fishing season is from last Saturday in April through November 15.
- General Season: Last Saturday in April through July 31.
- Catcha and release: August 1 until closing day on November 15.
How to Reach Crowley Lake
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mammoth Lakes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mammoth Lakes and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.28% of people who visit Mammoth Lakes include Crowley Lake in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
37.5% of people start their Crowley Lake visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Crowley Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Crowley Lake