Lake MaryCurrently Open
- Address: Pacu Ln, Bishop, CA 93514, Mammoth Lakes, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-7609245500
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Waterfront, View Point, Waterfall, Family And Kids, Lake
8900 feet above sea level, breathtaking scenery all around, a mirror like lake surrounded by a rolling canopy of pine trees - this is a very nice base camp in both the summer and winter. The area around the lake and leading away from the lake is chock full of activities - fishing, hiking, camping, and in the winter, even skiing. While most of the attractions to be reached from the lake are some distance away, the following are practically adjacent:
- Lake Mamie: A pretty lake for fishing, picnicking, or simply lounging.
- Twin Falls and Twin Falls Overlooks: The water from the Twin Lakes plunges into Lake Mamie at this location.
- Lake George: In the summer, this is the highest lake in the area that you can drive up to. Fishing, picnics and camping are popular activities.
- Crystal Lake Trailhead: The starting point for the hike to crystal lake is between the Lakes George, Mary and Mamie.
Lake Mary is also a base for hikes to Duck Lake, Mammoth Crest, Crystal Lake, Horseshoe Lake, McCloud Lake, Mammoth Pass, Skelton Lake, and Barney Lake.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake.
- The last of the snow at the campground only melts around late May and early June.
- Entry is free.
- Store and Marina - 8am-5pm, summer only
- Drive to here
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mammoth Lakes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mammoth Lakes and book an accommodation of your choice.
59.32% of people who visit Mammoth Lakes include Lake Mary in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
58% of people start their Lake Mary visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Lake Mary
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lake Mary