Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes
Mammoth Mountain - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: 10001 Minaret Rd, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, United States
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.6K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Mountain, Park, Family And Kids
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes
This lava dome, 3,371 meters high, formed in eruptions about 110-57 thousand years ago, is the sole reason the town below exists. Its alpine skiing area is the highest in California, and said to be among the finest in the world, criss-crossed trails for beginners and experts alike. This is thanks to the heavy snowfall it receives - about 400 inches annually.
The entire mountain has accordingly been turned into a state of the art skiing resort. There are multiple lodging options on the mountain. You can schedule skiing lessons. With a phone call, have a complete skiers kit ready for you and leave your own at home.
A quick breakdown of the other highlights of the mountain:
- Woolly’s Tube Park: Six high-speed snow tube lanes aimed at kids and families
- Eleven53 Interpretive Center and Summit: Take the Panorama Gondola up to this summit cafe, drinking in 360 degree views as you do. At the center you’ll also be able learn the history of the Sierra
- Other activities to indulge in include snowmobiling, snowboarding, guided tours of the mountain on Snowcats
- The Mammoth Rock and Bowl
- Indoor Golf
- Mammoth Mountain Bike Park: Cycling on the mountain slopes when there is no slow
Mammoth Mountain Information
- Check the Mammoth Mountain website for upcoming events, deals, maps, lodging, weather status, trail status and road conditions.
- It is best to book lift tickets online and in advance.
Mammoth Mountain Opening and Closing Hours
- Most of the official operations on Mammoth function between 8am and 4pm. The restaurants may stay open until later.
- Some of these facilities are only open during certain seasons.
How To reach Mammoth Mountain by Public Transport
- Take the lift up from Mountain Center at Mammoth.
- Take the lift up from Mammoth Mountain Main Lodge.
- Take the lift up from Eagle Lodge.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mammoth Lakes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mammoth Lakes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes Reviews
Love Mammoth Mountain! Could use more intermediate park features (no way I'm hitting the huge jumps, but the small ones are so small...) But other than that, great diversity of runs for our mixed-level group. Lots of long run options if that's what you're looking for. Some of my friends won't go to SoCal's Bear mountain anymore now that they've tasted Mammoth. :-P Pretty good shuttle system and you can get anywhere on the mountain via lifts and runs.
This is a cool place. Not that big compared to the all the other bigger resorts. The features are cool, though it'd be nice if they got smaller ones as well. The snow is good despite most of it being human made. People were really friendly.
Great ski resort! Large ski resort with fantastic runs of all levels. But overpriced lift tickets, services, rentals, food, and has the worst web site. The website is nice looking but it is very difficult to find the information you are looking for. Ex. finding lift ticket price on a calendar day takes way too many steps. Could not find price to rent a helmet or pole without renting everything. Can't find Tamarack cross country ski prices or conditions. Fantastic free bus service in town and to lifts.
One the best ski getaways in all of California. The place really is mammoth sized and wonderful. Also check out June Lake. Your lift ticket is good there too!
There is no better mountain and such a great village. Just want there to work and there broadcast satellite. Lots of new great things happening up there. You might even see yourself live on TV. Some the best skiing I have ever done some the best wide open runs. The staff is phenomenal and very welcoming
Find places near Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes
ATM 1 Minaret Rd2.262 km away
McCoy Station 1 Minaret Rd1.314 km away
Cervinia Restaurant & Bar 1 Minaret Rd2.328 km away
Dry Creek Bar 1 Minaret Rd2.282 km away
Edge & Wedge Canyon Ldg0.192 km away
Yodler Restaurant & Bar 10001 Minaret Road2.324 km away
Mountainside Bar & Grill 10400 Minaret Road2.279 km away
The Lakefront Restaurant 163 Twin Lakes Ln2.769 km away
Broadway Marketplace Main Lodge2.239 km away
McCoy Station Mammaoth Mountain1.734 km away
The Lakefront Restaurant Tamarack Lodge2.922 km away
Parallax Restaurant 1 Minaret Rd2.314 km away
The Lakefront Restaurant Twin Lakes Rd2.795 km away
Grizzly Square Food Court Canyon Ldg0.192 km away
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area 10001 Minaret Rd2.349 km away
Mill Cafe 1 Minaret Rd2.379 km away