Mammoth MountainCurrently Open
- Address: 10001 Minaret Rd, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-7609342571
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Park, Family And Kids
Mammoth Mountain - Review
This lava dome, 3,371 meters high, formed in eruptions about 110-57 thousand years ago, is the sole reason the town below exists. Its alpine skiing area is the highest in California, and said to be among the finest in the world, criss-crossed trails for beginners and experts alike. This is thanks to the heavy snowfall it receives - about 400 inches annually.
The entire mountain has accordingly been turned into a state of the art skiing resort. There are multiple lodging options on the mountain. You can schedule skiing lessons. With a phone call, have a complete skiers kit ready for you and leave your own at home.
A quick breakdown of the other highlights of the mountain:
- Woolly’s Tube Park: Six high-speed snow tube lanes aimed at kids and families
- Eleven53 Interpretive Center and Summit: Take the Panorama Gondola up to this summit cafe, drinking in 360 degree views as you do. At the center you’ll also be able learn the history of the Sierra
- Other activities to indulge in include snowmobiling, snowboarding, guided tours of the mountain on Snowcats
- The Mammoth Rock and Bowl
- Indoor Golf
- Mammoth Mountain Bike Park: Cycling on the mountain slopes when there is no slow
Mammoth Mountain Information
- Check the Mammoth Mountain website for upcoming events, deals, maps, lodging, weather status, trail status and road conditions.
- It is best to book lift tickets online and in advance.
Mammoth Mountain Hours
- Most of the official operations on Mammoth function between 8am and 4pm. The restaurants may stay open until later.
- Some of these facilities are only open during certain seasons.
How To reach Mammoth Mountain by Public Transport
- Take the lift up from Mountain Center at Mammoth.
- Take the lift up from Mammoth Mountain Main Lodge.
- Take the lift up from Eagle Lodge.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mammoth Lakes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mammoth Lakes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mammoth Mountain
82.76% of people who visit Mammoth Lakes include Mammoth Mountain in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
51.32% of people start their Mammoth Mountain visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Mammoth Mountain
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mammoth Mountain
Mammoth Mountain Trips
Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes Reviews
The soil is unique and the trails have a wide variety of difficulty and style diversity. I have been coming here since 2004 and the mountain is phenomenal. I highly recommend coming to this bike park, it is a genuinely unique and excellent experience
It's the greatest in California. Especially during the weekdays when there are fewer people. Nothing like coming down Broadway and its just you.
Great place! Lots to do! Katie bar the door! Here tell they are putting in a high-speed bullet zip line from the top of Mammoth Mountain to the bottom. 65 MPH Superman-style. Can't wait to ride it!
Great gift shop. Tickets may be pricey to go to the top of the mountain are worth it. The view is incredible
Such a beautiful and diverse area to go hiking. There is so much landscape to explore. I can't wait until they open the path to the bottom of Rainbow Falls in 2019.