Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes
About Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes
Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes - Address, Phone Number
Address: 10001 Minaret Rd, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.6K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Mountain, Park, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This lava dome, 3,371 meters high, formed in eruptions about 110-57 thousand years ago, is the sole reason the town below exists. Its alpine skiing area is the highest in California, and said to be among the finest in the world, criss-crossed trails for beginners and experts alike. This is thanks to the heavy snowfall it receives - about 400 inches annually.
The entire mountain has accordingly been turned into a state of the art skiing resort. There are multiple lodging options on the mountain. You can schedule skiing lessons. With a phone call, have a complete skiers kit ready for you and leave your own at home.
A quick breakdown of the other highlights of the mountain:
- Woolly’s Tube Park: Six high-speed snow tube lanes aimed at kids and families
- Eleven53 Interpretive Center and Summit: Take the Panorama Gondola up to this summit cafe, drinking in 360 degree views as you do. At the center you’ll also be able learn the history of the Sierra
- Other activities to indulge in include snowmobiling, snowboarding, guided tours of the mountain on Snowcats
- The Mammoth Rock and Bowl
- Indoor Golf
- Mammoth Mountain Bike Park: Cycling on the mountain slopes when there is no slow
Mammoth Mountain Information
- Check the Mammoth Mountain website for upcoming events, deals, maps, lodging, weather status, trail status and road conditions.
- It is best to book lift tickets online and in advance.
Mammoth Mountain Opening and Closing Hours
- Most of the official operations on Mammoth function between 8am and 4pm. The restaurants may stay open until later.
- Some of these facilities are only open during certain seasons.
How To reach Mammoth Mountain by Public Transport
- Take the lift up from Mountain Center at Mammoth.
- Take the lift up from Mammoth Mountain Main Lodge.
- Take the lift up from Eagle Lodge.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mammoth Lakes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mammoth Lakes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes Reviews - Write a Review
There is no better mountain and such a great village. Just want there to work and there broadcast satellite. Lots of new great things happening up there. You might even see yourself live on TV. Some the best skiing I have ever done some the best wide open runs. The staff is phenomenal and very welcoming
Today May 30 tough skiing extremely icy and I was not use to the altitude. I bought my lift ticket and rental skis yesterday very bad idea do not buy anything the day before, Check out the conditions the day you are going to ski, Remember no refunds, the conditions change very quickly. It was raining also. If you are not use to ice be extremely careful I am a Senior but have skied here for years and with the temperature change and no new snow it can be very dangerous. Happy Skiing I do Love Mammoth. And if you want to stay at a great resort try Juniper Springs. We have a full kitchen and a lovely one bedroom. It is the best place I have stayed in all the years I have been coming here.
The leather gondola seats are quite comfortable. I feel uplifted from my peasant life; which you rudely reminded me of by closing the half pipe for some "special event". Five stars go to the literal mountain. 🤘🏼🎿 Zero stars for the establishment not letting me ride the half pipe I was promised was open.
clean, nice environment, good foods, friendly staffs. right beside the ski area. It's good to enjoy everything with less crowd before snow season.
love going to Mammoth since 1960’s with my family. The terrain is second to none!
- Nearby Attractions
- The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth
- High Sierra Jeep Adventures
- Minaret Cinemas
- Mammoth Lakes Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Mammoth Lakes
- What to See in 48 Hours in Mammoth Lakes
- What to See in 72 Hours in Mammoth Lakes
- How to Spend 5 Days in Mammoth Lakes
- How to Spend 6 Days in Mammoth Lakes
- How to Spend 7 Days in Mammoth Lakes