Mammoth MountainCurrently Open
- Address: 10001 Minaret Rd, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-7609342571
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Park, Family And Kids
Mammoth Mountain - Review
This lava dome, 3,371 meters high, formed in eruptions about 110-57 thousand years ago, is the sole reason the town below exists. Its alpine skiing area is the highest in California, and said to be among the finest in the world, criss-crossed trails for beginners and experts alike. This is thanks to the heavy snowfall it receives - about 400 inches annually.
The entire mountain has accordingly been turned into a state of the art skiing resort. There are multiple lodging options on the mountain. You can schedule skiing lessons. With a phone call, have a complete skiers kit ready for you and leave your own at home.
A quick breakdown of the other highlights of the mountain:
- Woolly’s Tube Park: Six high-speed snow tube lanes aimed at kids and families
- Eleven53 Interpretive Center and Summit: Take the Panorama Gondola up to this summit cafe, drinking in 360 degree views as you do. At the center you’ll also be able learn the history of the Sierra
- Other activities to indulge in include snowmobiling, snowboarding, guided tours of the mountain on Snowcats
- The Mammoth Rock and Bowl
- Indoor Golf
- Mammoth Mountain Bike Park: Cycling on the mountain slopes when there is no slow
Mammoth Mountain Information
- Check the Mammoth Mountain website for upcoming events, deals, maps, lodging, weather status, trail status and road conditions.
- It is best to book lift tickets online and in advance.
Mammoth Mountain Opening and Closing Hours
- Most of the official operations on Mammoth function between 8am and 4pm. The restaurants may stay open until later.
- Some of these facilities are only open during certain seasons.
How To reach Mammoth Mountain by Public Transport
- Take the lift up from Mountain Center at Mammoth.
- Take the lift up from Mammoth Mountain Main Lodge.
- Take the lift up from Eagle Lodge.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mammoth Lakes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mammoth Lakes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mammoth Mountain
95% of people who visit Mammoth Lakes include Mammoth Mountain in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
42.47% of people start their Mammoth Mountain visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Mammoth Mountain
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mammoth Mountain
Mammoth Mountain Map
Mammoth Mountain Trips
Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes Reviews
Fun! Fun! Fun! I absolutely love it here! The best snowboarding in California, hands down. Huge amount of acreage to ride, ski or sled. Parking was crazy! But the free shuttle made it worth it. Some really cool employees.. but a couple of rude @$$ people. Great for every level of rider, but lessons are expensive.
Such an amazing mountain. China Bowl is one of my favorite runs. They have so many different runs so the lines do move fairly fast. It does get crowded though. They do close the top of the mountain if t gets too treacherous but the views from up there are incredible.
Some of the best snow in California. Just wish it was easier to get there and that the lodges were better sized for the crowds. They're expanding the back side's itty-bitty outpost at least, and chair 5 became an express a few years ago. They really need to upgrade chair 25 to an express too, and let's be honest, some more parking wouldn't hurt either. Also sadly there's no night skiing. I don't miss it, but I know others might.
This place is awesome. Beautiful place with year round skiing. I would have loved to stay here for a few days.
Mammoth is my favorite place to go snowboarding. This place has it all thare are so many different types of terrain anything from greens to steep double black runs. And the park is one of the best I've ridden. This is my new go to destination for winter and summer.
All QuestionsMammoth mountain
- Pang Qi Art Studio
- Rosemead Park
- Church Of God Of Prophecy
- Christ Gospel Church 基督福音堂
- Hoornbeek Store Complex
- Guardian Aviation Service
- Eastern Ny Correctional Fclty
- Sunshine Acres
- Wawarsing Historical Society & Knife Museam
- Camp Rav Tov
- Joseph Y Resnick Airport
- Off Center Theatre
- Youngs Peoples Baptist Union
- Double J Airport
- Worship Baptist Church
Find places near Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Lakes
ATM 1 Minaret Rd2.262 km away
McCoy Station 1 Minaret Rd1.314 km away
Cervinia Restaurant & Bar 1 Minaret Rd2.328 km away
Dry Creek Bar 1 Minaret Rd2.282 km away
Edge & Wedge Canyon Ldg0.192 km away
Yodler Restaurant & Bar 10001 Minaret Road2.324 km away
Mountainside Bar & Grill 10400 Minaret Road2.279 km away
The Lakefront Restaurant 163 Twin Lakes Ln2.769 km away
Broadway Marketplace Main Lodge2.239 km away
McCoy Station Mammaoth Mountain1.734 km away
The Lakefront Restaurant Tamarack Lodge2.922 km away
Parallax Restaurant 1 Minaret Rd2.314 km away
The Lakefront Restaurant Twin Lakes Rd2.795 km away
Grizzly Square Food Court Canyon Ldg0.192 km away
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area 10001 Minaret Rd2.349 km away
Mill Cafe 1 Minaret Rd2.379 km away