Are you looking for what to do in Mammoth Lakes?
THINGS TO DO
Activities in Mammoth Lakes depend on the season in which you are visiting. Summer is usually idyllic here and you can visit the various water bodies like Lake Mary and Twin Lakes in the vicinity. Winters here brim with activity and there is something to do for every type of outdoor enthusiasts. No matter when you visit this village, you cannot leave without a trip to Mammoth Mountain for skiing or hiking.
- Things to do in spring: If you are visiting Mammoth Lakes in spring, you are likely to see wildflowers on your hiking tracks. The shorter, less demanding hiking trips can be done close to town while the more daunting trips are situated at a bit of a distance. You can hike to Mammoth Mountain, Emerald Lakes or to the Panorama Drome. If you befriend a local and find the location of some of Mammoth’s hot springs, you would be counted among the lucky few who managed to gain access to the village’s highly guarded secret.
- Things to do in summer: Film buffs can choose to attend the Mammoth Lakes Film Festival, which usually takes place on the Memorial Day weekend. Tickets range from $10 to $175, depending upon the kind of seat you want. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy activities like swimming, rowing or kayaking in the cool lakes surrounding the village.
- Things to do in winter: Skiing at the Mammoth Mountain Ski Area is the main recreational activity in winter. Snowboarding also takes place on a large scale in the Mammoth Mountains. If you are willing to push the limits of adventure, cross country skiing is just the thing for you. You can cover vast tracks of snowy wilderness over a span of days in the Inyo National Forest.
- Things to do with kids: Kids can experience the snows with several sledding areas just outside of the village and near the Rock Creek Road. These snow parks are the best places to build a snowman or have a family snowball fight. Mammoth Lakes’ favourite pet Woolly also has his Tube Park and Snowplay for his young guests. You can also take rides across the fields in the heated Snowcat.
- Things to do at night: Nightlife is relatively quiet in Mammoth but the local restaurants and pubs have attractive offers and discounts in store for you. You can have a quiet dinner with your family or else check out the watering holes of the village.
Below we have a list of things to do in Mammoth Lakes and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Mammoth Lakes getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Mammoth Lakes with confidence.