How to Reach Manado
The Easiest Way to Reach Manado
- By Air: Sam Ratulangi Airport is the main airport for Manado and has frequent flights to and from Singapore, Jakarta, Makassar, Surabaya, Balikpapan, Bali, Ternate and Sorong. This is the best and most preferred way to reach Manado.
- By Ojek/ Ompreng: A slightly different public transport native to Manado; these motorcabs are a great way to explore the places located along short distances. The rates are not fixed and make sure you negotiate the fare before boarding one!
- By Angkot/Angkutan Kota: Indonesia’s popular public transport, this minibus is also known as mikrolets or bemos.
- By Taxi: Few private companies operate taxis in the city. A preferred way to get to the city from the airport, it is otherwise not a suitable option to get around Manado. The taxi rates are high, you need to pay the parking fee and taxis are not easily available.
- By rented car: Various rental companies and agencies offer a self-drive or with driver rented car to get around Manado, great for large groups and families!